Essential Job Functions
- Tracks trends such as funding decrements, system deployment, new areas of program emphasis, and changes in user’s priorities; and provides advice in these areas.
- Reviews and analyzes program progress and fund utilization reports to identify areas wherein the programs are not progressing or proceeding as planned, (e.g. areas of slippages and overruns).
- Assists in the formulation of short and long range planning of resource requirements to include, but not limited to, manpower and funding.
- Participates in program scheduling and planning that involves formulating both broad and specific guidelines for planning program elements and sub-elements; prepares recommendations for program objectives, operating schedules, resource requirements, and overall program plans; and establishes format and reporting requirements.
- Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, to meet contractual/project requirements for several major portions of a program.
- Ensures compliance with internal customer procedures, such as government procurement regulations. Implements program plan requirements and coordinates or performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
- Assists in developing financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
- Monitors progress of program requirements. Monitors cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met.
- Performs moderately complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs. Prepares moderately complex financial/administrative reports and distributes to customers/user organizations.
- Provides weekly and monthly transactional and pricing support to programs including reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices to verify costs and codes for payment, auditing employee travel voucher submissions and setting up labor categories and rates in accounting systems.
- Conducts moderately complex financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc. Performs some non-routine analyses and prepares some non-routine financial reports.
- Acts as a liaison between operations and other administrative support organizations on financial issues. Interfaces with subcontractors, vendors and customers as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience in finance or accounting
- For public sector: Two or more years of experience working with program control techniques in the federal contracting environment with some experience tailoring to contract type and risk
- Experience working with pricing including, where appropriate, federal contract pricing
- Experience working with accounting principles, software and databases
- Experience working with financial analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for communicating with internal and external personnel of all levels
- Familiar with Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 5000.2, DODI 5000.2M and Army Regulation (AR) 70-1
CSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. CSC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal
consideration for employment.
- Must be articulate and capable of briefing in correct terminology to properly explain situations
- Excellent skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization skills to balance work and prioritize tasks
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Work coordination skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
AppLabs - 30+ days ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...