Professional: Web Content
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Mar 7, 2013, 6:07:47 PM
The Alabama Supercomputer Center (ASC) provides Internet, technology and resources for the Alabama Supercomputer Authority, a State agency. The ASC supports key education programs for the state’s Departments of Education and Postsecondary Education, as well as a 24x7 Help Desk, Network Operations Center, and technical support for Alabama’s K-12 schools, higher education and public libraries. ASC also hosts supercomputers to support Alabama research universities working on significant scientific and engineering problems.
CSC is seeking a candidate with experience in content development and website design.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with publishers to organize website materials per assigned unit needs; identifies those to have security access, necessary programming needs, and those responsible for various aspects of web creation, maintenance, etc. Assigns access rights to web content to restrict access to specific users.
- Coordinates and facilitates the publishing activities regarding design, creation, and production of the web site.
- Reviews the purpose and scope of publishing efforts and projects within a unit and assists unit personnel in determining resources to create and distribute the desired content. Identifies, recommends and assists business unit in determining which publishing technologies meet a unit's publishing needs.
- Creates, designs, and produces web content per business unit's needs.
- Meets with department staff to identify and locate the content that needs to be published on the web site.
- Assists departmental staff in designing the aesthetics of the web site as viewed by its users.
- Organizes and maintains the content infrastructure of a web site.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of content development experience
- Experience working with HTML editors
- Experience working with complex, hypertext markup language documents
- Experience working with graphic types, audio objects, applets and their inclusion into Web documents
- Experience working with website design
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to coordinate individuals and work as part of a team
- Ability to facilitate change
CSC - 20 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...