PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATE - Environmental, Health and Safety Consulting
THE ACE GROUP - ESIS, Inc.
The ACE Group of Companies is looking for professionals in the Dallas area with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Early Career Development Program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, ACE is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company, with offices in most major US cities.
At ACE, we have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the ACE Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which, in turn, contribute to the future success of our company.
Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments, and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
• Business training unique to a career at ACE;
• Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline, and an understanding of our broader industry
• Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills
• Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
You, along with your program peers, form a unique community of achievers who we believe will become the future leaders of ACE.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at ACE come from many backgrounds and experiences, and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at ACE:
Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
Self-leadership : an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
If this accurately describes you, begin pursuing your career with ACE!
This particular opportunity is in our Environmental, Health and Safety area. The role would involve on the job training in how to perform he following responsibilities:
- Assess customer or prospective customer operations to determine scope and type of business, processes and product/services performed. Can verify underwriting information where appropriate.
- Determine adequacy of hazard controls in all areas of coverage/exposure through interview, onsite observation, loss/incident report review, audits of existing risk control programs, analysis of policy procedures.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of accounts, determines probability of loss, evaluation of major loss sources, determines risk improvement and necessary strategy and makes a professional assessment of the acceptability of the risk.
- With direction, assists customer on implementation of interventions.
- Develop and implement written HSE programs
- Identify, analyze and control hazards
- Perform HSE inspections
- Evaluate compliance with regard to state and federal regulations
- Perform ergonomics assessments
- Conduct HSE Training
Requirements for consideration of this role
Business or insurance education, experience or familiarity
Bachelor’s degree in many majors will be considered, with a preference for this role for Science or Engineering degree - Environmental emphasis is preferred.
Some knowledge of insurance and Environmental, Health and Safety concepts, practices, and procedures is desirable
Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Working knowledge of windows-based software applications
Oral and written communication skills
Geographic flexibility and a willingness to work in most major US regions
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...