Kern Community College District
This is a temporary position for the 2012-2013 academic year.
The Wind Energy instructor/trainers will teach in our Wind Energy training program with experience maintaining wind turbines.
Sick leave and vacation only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Wind turbines.
- Gear boxes.
- Electronic controls.
- Electrical systems.
- Electrical circuit layout.
- Designs and diagrams.
Education and Experience
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation.
- Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
- Five years of related industry experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience training or teaching is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00669
Posting Date: 12/11/2012
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Professional Expert
Rate: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour based on expertise and experience
Work Week: Flexible
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3259
- 2 years ago - save job