Washtenaw Community College is looking for an English/Writing Instructor for the Fall 2013 semsester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach first and second-year college-level courses in English composition and in developmental writing.
• Teach a diverse student body in daytime, evening, and Saturday classes on the main campus, at extension centers, and business and industry sites.
• Prepare instructional materials in English/Writing.
• Participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, applicable College committee activities, and other forms of College service.
• Participate actively in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, assessment, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision, and other professional planning activities on a year round basis.
• Maintain an active program of professional development related to both individual and institutional needs.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Equivalent of two (2) years successful teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
• Demonstrated experience in developing instructional materials in writing.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Include entire education and work history on application. You must attach cover letter, resume and transcripts (highest degree related to assignment) to be considered.
$53,637 - $69,981
Starting rate/salary is determined based on education and work history listed on application.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) was created on January 15, 1965. WCC strives to ensure that all programs, services, systems, policies, and...