Washtenaw Community College is looking for an English/Writing Instructor for the Fall 2013 semsester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach first and second-year college-level courses in English composition and in developmental writing.
• Teach a diverse student body in daytime, evening, and Saturday classes on the main campus, at extension centers, and business and industry sites.
• Prepare instructional materials in English/Writing.
• Participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, applicable College committee activities, and other forms of College service.
• Participate actively in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, assessment, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision, and other professional planning activities on a year round basis.
• Maintain an active program of professional development related to both individual and institutional needs.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Equivalent of two (2) years successful teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
• Demonstrated experience in developing instructional materials in writing.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Include entire education and work history on application. You must attach cover letter, resume and transcripts (highest degree related to assignment) to be considered.
$53,637 - $69,981
Starting rate/salary is determined based on education and work history listed on application.