Corporations are expanding their IP networks to integrate their voice and data communications systems with their business applications. These multi-channel, Unified Communications solutions are designed to reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction and boost productivity. Enterprise Call Centers and multi-channel, unified communications environments are an evolving mix of multi-vendor voice, video, social media, presence, contact, and data applications which increase complexity and directly impact network performance, quality of service and user experience.
EMPIRIX is recognized for its unrivaled ability to provide customers and partners with industry-leading network test and monitoring solutions that provide comprehensive Customer Experience Management (CEM). Empirix has deployed thousands of best-of-breed interoperability testing solutions for enterprises with large network deployments, and conducted end-to-end communication analysis of IP-based communications systems to validate converged IP network performance and security handling.
We seek experienced engineers to engage with customers on location; deploy Empirix products, implement automated testing and monitoring solutions, and manage and execute test processes. Engineers report to the Director of the Project Management Office and will be based in the Wilmington Delaware area with a virtual office and travel to customer site and work independently or as part of a team - 60% travel required.
The Professional Services Consultant Engineer conducts projects on customer premise to design, implement and configure Empirix Service Assurance solutions. The Engineer follows the Empirix methodology taking a methodical, end-to-end approach to IP communications testing and monitoring – first validating foundational elements - carrier to IP network - and each technology layer IVR, CTI, CRM, presence, chat, etc successively.
- C ommunicate benefits/features and value proposition of Empirix Enterprise product line. Consultants are trained on the Hammer Test Engine™, an industry-unique technology fundamental to Empirix products, and Enterprise Assurance products: OneSight for Contact Centers, Hammer CallMaster , and Hammer Edge ;
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Collaborate with customers on project objectives, and milestones for implementation, upgrades, and expansions; identify short-term and long-range issues; collect, evaluate, and communicate relevant information; identify and evaluate options; propose a course of action; review open issues and action items; expedite delivery and deployment of equipment;
- As Engagement Leader, deploy Empirix solutions by preparing a detailed solution design, test plan, project scoping, and project plans. Complete installations by supervising contractors; inspecting sites; configuring, testing, validating, and approving systems, services, and equipment; resolving technical issues; guiding technicians to test, accept, and turn-up equipment; identifying and resolving integration/interface issues; programming software changes;
Submit Resumes to:
- 7+ years technical exp IP telephony/VoIP, Contact Center, or Unified Communications,
- Test Automation knowledge preferred and experience with network testing tools (HP LoadRunner, QALoad, IBM Rational Robot)
- VoIP protocols SIP, H.323, SCCP
- Contact Center technologies: ACD, IVR, CTI, ICM is required; product knowledge of Avaya, Genesys, Cisco, Siebel is a plus;
- IP telephony Network Infrastructure – Switch, VP, CTI, SBC, media gateways
- Scripting: Visual Basic, Java, Ruby, XML/VXML, .NET framework.
- Systems Performance Monitoring Tools knowledge (HP OpenView, BMC Patrol, IBM Tivoli etc.
- Database creation and report queries using MS SQL
- Self-directed, self-motivated, professional services traits - excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills in managing complex, multi-vendor systems deployments.
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills including writing proposals, Statements of Work and project status reports.
- BS Engineering
Empirix is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, genetic information, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.