Essential Job Functions
- Assists in providing system engineering support to include automated techniques for the design or modification of existing equipments and systems.
- Assists in providing support for fielded systems, provides support for lab set up.
- Assists in providing a structure for solving design problems and tracking requirements flow through design.
- Provides systems engineering expertise related to the hardware, software, integration, and capabilities of systems.
- Assists in the design of, and develops integrated solutions in accordance with, corporate standards and products.
- Provides basic technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Assists in the analysis and resolves basic program support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
- Works on projects as assigned; assists in supporting the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Implements and documents processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Assists in the implementation of training tools and documentation.
- Provides basic technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Performs routine repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, systems engineering or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming, or naval architecture.
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with hardware or software design methods and processes
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority, and task management
CSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. CSC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal
consideration for employment.
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers, and support personnel
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell phones and mobile...