This is a full-time, twelve-month instructional faculty position responsible to the dean, nursing and health sciences and the director/department chair, occupational therapy assistant. The duties of the position are as follows:
1. The academic fieldwork coordinator will establish relationships with clinical and non-clinical community resources for the purposes of developing and maintaining appropriate fieldwork sites for Occupational Therapy Assistant students.
2. Ensuring the program's compliance with the fieldwork requirements standards of the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
3. Developing appropriate learning objectives and outcomes for Level I and Level II fieldwork experiences.
4. Developing training and educational resources for fieldwork site personnel
5. Scheduling level I and level II fieldwork experiences.
6. Monitoring student progress during fieldwork and act as the program contact for issues arising during fieldwork.
7. Visiting fieldwork sites annually to determine continued appropriateness for student placement and evaluating site specific learning objectives, updating as needed.
8. Maintaining a full time teaching load in classroom and laboratory with release time provided for administration of the fieldwork program.
9. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree required.
2. Licensure in Texas as an occupational therapist (OT) or a occupational therapist assistant (OTA)
3. A minimum of three years clinical experience that includes experience.
4. Experience working with adults with physical disabilities is preferred.
Tyler Junior College - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -