DATE POSITION AVAILABLE: January 6, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position Will Remain Open Until Filled
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply on-line at https://employment.tjc.edu or send letter of interest, resume, application and copies of official transcripts to: Executive Director, Human Resources. P.O. Box 9020; Tyler, Texas 75711
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a full-time, twelve-month instructional faculty position responsible to the dean, nursing and health sciences. The duties of the position are as follows:
1. Establishing relationships with clinical and non-clinical community resources for the purposes of developing and maintaining appropriate fieldwork sites for Occupational Therapy Assistant students.
2. Ensuring the program's compliance with the fieldwork requirements standards of the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
3. Developing appropriate learning objectives and outcomes for Level I and Level II fieldwork experiences.
4. Developing training and educational resources for fieldwork site personnel.
5. Scheduling level I and level II fieldwork experiences.
6. Monitoring student progress during fieldwork and act as the program contact for issues arising during fieldwork.
7. Visiting fieldwork sites annually to determine continued appropriateness for student placement and evaluate site specific learning objectives, updating as needed.
8. Maintaining a full time teaching load in classroom and laboratory with release time provided for administration of the fieldwork program.
9. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Licensure in Texas as an occupational therapist (OT) or occupational therapist assistant (OTA).
3. Three years clinical experience.
4. Experience working with adults with physical disabilities is preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with established schedule.
* This is a security sensitive position, and a background check will be completed prior to hiring.
OTHER BENEFITS: Exceptional employee benefit plan. Participation in optional retirement program or Teacher Retirement System of Texas.
DATE OF NOTICE: October 1, 2013
Tyler Junior College gives equal consideration to all applications for admission, employment and participation in its programs and activities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or limited English proficiency (LEP). Tyler Junior College respects the legal rights of each person to work and learn in an environment that is free from unlawful sexual discrimination including sexual harassment and sexual violence, or harassment based on any other basis prohibited by law.
InsideHigherEd.com - 11 months ago