Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
The University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy invites applications for the position of the Chair of the Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Ernest Mario Endowed Professorship in Pharmaceutics. In support of transformational goals for the university, the search committee encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, cultural viewpoints, and lifestyles.
This is a tenure-track, academic year position with summer salary supplemented. Anticipated appointment date is July 2013.
The Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences is one of two departments within the College of Pharmacy and consists of the disciplines of pharmaceutics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, natural product chemistry, pharmacokinetics, pharmacogenomics and toxicology. Recent and upcoming retirements within the department will provide the candidate the opportunity to rebuild the pharmaceutics group.
The position will come with a generous start-up package, discretionary funds, and laboratory space in the newly opened College of Pharmacy building.
The Chair will provide leadership in pharmaceutics and oversight of the department's three degree programs: the Doctor of Pharmacy; the Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Science; and the Graduate program. The candidate is expected to: support faculty development and the mentorship of post-doctoral fellows and graduate students.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1) Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics or a related discipline.
2) Recognized scholar in pharmaceutics.
3) Demonstrated broad knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences.
4) Demonstrated eligibility for appointment at the level of full professor.
5) Demonstrated experience in the design, development or the manufacture of dosage forms for small molecules or biologic drugs.
6) Demonstrated broad background and experience in academic pharmacy or the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
7) Demonstrated active research program in pharmaceutics, or evidence of ability to obtain extramural funding.
8) Demonstrated ability to serve in an advisory role in the development of the College's new cGMP facility.
9) Demonstrated experience in leadership and management.
10) Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
1) Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the profession of pharmacy.