A twelve-month faculty position responsible to the dean, nursing and health sciences and the professor/department chair, dental hygiene. Individual must be qualified to teach courses, coordinate learning activities, coordinate practicum experiences with area dental offices and promote program effectiveness. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing instruction in the classroom or laboratory setting.
2. Preparing program manuals and other documents.
3. Developing and coordinating curriculum.
4. Developing and maintaining accreditation compliance and documentation.
5. Scheduling use of program facilities.
6. Creating course schedules in the college administrative software application.
7. Preparing and administering budgets.
8. Recommending, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating faculty.
9. Determining admission criteria and procedures.
10. Assisting in academic advising of students.
11. Promoting and facilitating community awareness of the program.
12. Assisting in maintaining inventory and equipment for the clinic.
13. Participating in recruitment and selection of students.
14. Serving on college committees and complying with all policies and regulations which govern and affect the College.
15. Performing duties as assigned by the dean and professor/department chair.
1. Baccalaureate degree required.
2. Dental assistant with current Texas certification as RDA and Dental Assisting National Board "Certified Dental Assistant" (CDA) or dentist with current Texas dental license with three years occupational experience in the application of four-handed dentistry principles.
3. Efficient computer skills and willing to utilize latest multi-media technologies.
4. Instruction in educational theory and methodology required. Previous teaching experience highly preferred.