Senior Offer Manager, Global Migration Program and Tools
The Senior Offer Manager for the Global Migration Program and Tools is responsible for developing processes and tools for the Professional Services Regional Migration COEs and local field organization to deliver Migrations from 3
party databases such as Oracle, DB2, Netezza and SQL Server to Teradata. The migration process covers all of the aspects of migrating from one database platform to another and may include on any given project: scoping and estimating; schema and data migration; conversion of SQL and/or Procedural SQL Code; conversion of the Data Integration environment; conversion of the BI environment; conversion of other script based, code based, and/or operational processes; testing and performance tuning to ensure a quality migration. In addition to making tools available where possible, the migration process will always require knowledge SMEs and the processes performed by these SMEs will be supported by checklists and best practices where available.
The global Offer Manager is responsible for developing service methodologies, tools and offers for Teradata's Professional Services on a global basis. This includes directing the roadmap and an off-shore development team who is responsible for the Teradata Migration Accelerator (TMA) tool.
The individual must have strong Solution Architect experience in a related industry and have experience migrating databases for large production customers. This individual will be responsible for developing offer documentation, scoping tools, and delivery methodologies as well as leading field deployment of new offerings with a strong emphasis on offer knowledge transfer and mentoring.
This position will work closely with region-based Centers of Expertise (COEs), engineering, marketing and training to expand our Migration capabilities and optimize the migration effort via automation to the extent possible.
Role will include ~20% customer interaction requiring domain subject matter expertise and travel when necessary. Consulting and professional services experience for this role is an absolute pre-requisite. Prior people or program management experience preferred.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
- 3+ years of Teradata Database experience
- 3+ years Solution Architect experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to sell and deliver information internally or to customers
- Experience moving offers and/or products from concept phase to deployment, including business case development preferred
- Prior management of offshore development project, preferred
- Basic cross-functional understanding of vertical industries (e.g., Manufacturing, Financial, Insurance, Telecommunications, Travel, Retail, etc.) preferred
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Knowledge of SQL standards and database variations
- Knowledge of one or more industry leading Data Integration and Business Intelligence Tools
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills, with ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to build alignment between organizations in a cross-functional teaming environment
Teradata - 11 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...