This is a full-time, twelve-month professional position responsible to the director, enterprise application services, information technology. While limited management oversight may be expected for specific projects, this position is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the following duties:
1. Performing systems analysis, develops, and reviews programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor supplied upgrades.
2. Designing, developing, documenting, analysis, creating, testing, or modifying of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user or system design specifications
3. Completing application modifications to enhance functionality, adapt to technology changes, and to correct application errors.
4. Adhering to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
5. Consulting with users to define application requirements, output needs, and verify preliminary design and output.
6. Defining project tasks, provide resource estimates, manage priorities, submit progress reports, and meet deadlines.
7. Recommending technical and procedural design for new or revised applications including process flow, system specifications, program specifications, and code review.
8. Reviewing, modifying and/or writing program code and/or batch control files as needed.
9. Ensuring that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
10. Creating files for interfacing with various systems in MS Access, Excel, and Word.
11. Documenting all development, revisions, system procedures, and guidelines for application users.
12. Supporting users in resolving procedural and technical issues by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or make appropriate referrals.
13. Answering questions and provide technical assistance, research, and/or training to application users.
14. Serving on committees to develop technical standards and processes.
15. Providing input on professional development needs for the Application Services department.
16. Participating in training and professional development.
17. Performing other duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in technology related fields or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Minimum three years of software applications developer experience. Two to three years developing in a large database environment (Ellucian - Banner, PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle), especially student information systems, finance systems, human resource and advancement systems a plus.
3. Ability to support and work in a collaborative team environment.
4. Requires the ability to work with competing priorities and cooperatively with others.
5. Development of queries, scripts and reports using PL/SQL in SQL Plus, Oracle Developer or similar tool with an Oracle database in a Windows Server environment or SQL/Server. Oracle Forms, Oracle DBMS in Windows Server environment, and Programming Languages to include but not limited to C, COBOL and PL/SQL.
6. Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
7. Experience and knowledge of portal software/concepts and related technologies.
Tyler Junior College - 10 months ago