June 12, 2013
Bilingual Program Assistant/Case Aid
20 Hours per Week, Pro Rated Benefits: Job Code PACA-152
ORR PASO Residential Program
Program serves primarily Latino youth in a Staff Secure Program.
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedures
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Many clients only speak Spanish
- Bilingual in Spanish/English Required
- Come Join the Latino Services Provider Group
The Program Assistant works closely with the Case Management team in order to facilitate completion of all ORR requirements for case management for youth in placement. This can include involvement in the medical services, data entry, meetings with clients, contact with parents and sponsors specific to document completion and transporting clients among other assigned tasks. In addition this position provides clerical support and reception to the program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum 2 years consecutive office experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required.
- Experience working with adolescents preferred.
- Experience in medical office environment preferred.
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated ability of English and Spanish languages, written, read and verbal.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of general office equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including mental health and primary care professionals, clients, and the public.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment serving clients who are struggling with severe emotional and mental health related disorders.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries while working with others in in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shifts, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Manual dexterity allowing for routine clerical functions (filing, keyboarding, answering phones, copying, etc.)
- Driving a company vehicle is required, must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, and a driving record permitting coverage under the corporate auto liability policy. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes more than once a week (4 times per month on average) must have and maintain personal auto liability insurance at the $100,000/$100,000 level.
- Must pass criminal history background check.
- TB test is required.
- Must be able to pass language test for the English and Spanish language vocabulary if in a designated position.
+ Pay Differential for Bilingual abilities
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "PACA-152" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "PACA-152" on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 20 months ago