The Program Assistant for Annual Giving provides administrative support for the Office Annual Giving as well as the College’s Institutional Advancement division. The Program Assistant directly supports all initiatives of The Saint Rose Fund, the College’s annual fundraising drive.
- Provide support for Director and Associate Director of Annual Giving as well as other advancement department staff including answering and routing phone calls, opening and distributing mail, creating correspondence, monitoring e-mail accounts, coordinating large print jobs, maintaining files and a variety of other support duties.
- Manage the logistics of direct mail campaigns including coordinating mail merges, working with the copy center, and overseeing production to ensure a high quality outcome.
- Oversee a variety of Access databases and Excel spreadsheets, adding information and finding ways to efficiently monitor the accuracy of the information.
- Partner with Associate Director in the segmentation and tracking of annual gifts to The Saint Rose Fund and assist with proper responses. Ensure timely mailing of all follow-up direct mail efforts.
- Work with other members of IA team with acknowledgement responsibilities for smooth, timely and coordinated gift acknowledgements where appropriate
- Oversee pledge reminder processes for The Saint Rose Fund; coordinate mailing of KnightWire Phonathon follow up letters.
- Support KnightWire the student Phonathon program with preparation of solicitation and training materials, staffing logistics and scheduling.
- Creates and maintains accurate records and files for a variety of programs including the KnightWire Program, class notes for the Saint Rose magazine, other mailings, correspondence and projects.
- Assist with the details associated with the management of the Student Alumni Association
- Assist the Annual Giving team with preparations for Reunion Class Giving goals and objectives including the preparation for Reunion Class committee meetings.
- Work in compliance with assigned members of the IA team on specific plans for the department’s annual Community of Excellence luncheon.
- Manage budget requests for department, i.e. direct pays, invoices, check requests and other budget related detail.
- Order and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and equipment for the Annual Giving office.
- Schedule all Annual Giving Office meetings through Conferencing; place food service orders as needed.
- Participate and work on alumni events and other advancement department activities as needed.
- Cross-train with others in the advancement office and provide back-up assistance as needed and/or requested.
- Various projects in support of the Office of Institutional Advancement as assigned.
- At least 2 years of college coursework required; BS Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of office administrative/secretarial experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- Advanced level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Knowledge of Banner, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, social media outlets (Facebook, Linked in, Twitter) and graphic design and layout a plus
- Flexibility in schedule to allow occasional nights and weekends to staff selected Institutional Advancement events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact and relate to various constituencies from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with accuracy and attention to details
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Occasional evenings and weekends to staff department activities
Pay: minimum $13.15/hour, depending upon experience
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
- Cover letter: REQUIRED, as a demonstration of your writing skills. Include Salary history
The College of Saint Rose - 15 months ago