Our clients have bright futures...you can too!
Fraser, a Minnesota non-profit organization provides comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services to children and adults with special needs. It is our vision to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and choice to realize their dreams to live, work, learn and play as members of our community.
Program Assistants coordinate daily living activities for our residents living in a group home setting, including:
1. Assisting with personal care including eating and in the bathroom, hygiene, and grooming
2. Administering medications
3. Documenting treatment
4. Helping with cooking and housework as needed
5. Accompanying residents on activities and appointments
Eden Prairie, MN: This location is home to three adult men with mild to moderate developmental disabilities. All of the men in this home are fairly independent and active. They enjoy participating in church clubs clubs, social clubs, and bowling. During the summer they also enjoy playing golf and softball. At home, they love listening to classic rock, watching sports, and playing video games. An ideal candidate for this house will be able to work independently, have strong relationship-building skills, be able to cook basic recipes and follow a menu, and plan activities according to residents' interests.
One weekend per month, Friday 10 pm-Sunday 10 pm
1. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Applicants must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
3. Applicants must have the ability to use clear and understandable written and verbal English
4. Must be able to work independently and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
5. No experience is required, though we do prefer applicants with experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or similar conditions.
6. Applicants must have a passion for serving our clients, and have strong decision-making skills.
1. Post-secondary experience is preferred
This position is posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to serving with passion for our clients, Fraser also has growth in mind. Our diverse range of services, our established partnerships within the community, the innovation used in providing services, and the foundational values of respect and quality lead Fraser to experience continued growth and success. In 2011, Fraser experienced approximately 5% employee growth. This gives us strength as an organization, even in tough economic times.
Fraser is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Fraser - 10 months ago