PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides administrative and program support to the USRO’s management and program teams
COORDINATES WITH : All USRO staff at all levels in addition to interdepartmental work with the Regional Program Department (RPD), Humanitarian Response, (HRD), Resource Development, Policy & Advocacy, Communications & Community Engagement, and Operations.
A. Management Team Support (40%)
Provide administrative and scheduling support for the Director of the USRO.
Under the direction of the Director, liase with the offices of funders, partners and others in an appropriate and professional manner consistent with representing the “face” of Oxfam and the USRO.
In coordination with the RA, assist in scheduling management team meetings and preparing meeting materials.
Support RA and program staff in preparing reports—for internal management and external funders—as necessary.
Engage proactively and coordinate with the RA, and the agency at large, to improve and maintain the effectiveness of administrative systems and procedures.
B. Program Team Support (60%)
Coordinate regular program team meetings. Prepare agendas, assign meeting roles, and ensure accurate recording and posting of minutes.
Supply planning and logistical support for program travel, events and meetings.
Assist RA and field staff in managing the USRO grant pipeline including: partner reporting obligations, internal reporting requirements and other duties.
Acquire expertise in Oxfam’s web-based grants management application and be able to provide the program team with technical assistance.
Assist RA in managing the USRO’s expenses (contracts, vendor payments, staff expense submissions, etc.) including cross-training to perform these functions in the absence of the RA.
Work in collaboration with USRO field staff and partners to coordinate partner travel, events, site visits, etc. as well as helping to ensure that partner reporting requirements are met.
Under the supervision of the Regional Communicatons Officer (RCO), play an active role in coordinating both external and internal communications and in tracking news related to the USRO, its programs and partners.
Maintain relevant informational databases and knowledge management systems.
Play a lead role in developing and carrying out orientations for new staff, consultants and interns.
Respond to information requests from the public, other departments and unsolicited grant proposals and route more complex requests to the proper individuals.
Participate in Regional Office program planning, development, monitoring and learning initiatives as appropriate.
Along with other agency Administrative Support staff, provide occasional coverage and support at Oxfam America’s reception desk, representing the agency to guests of all backgrounds and types.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- The incumbent will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of a team-based culture; will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect; and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
- Occasional travel based upon demonstrated need and supervisor’s authorization.
Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to Oxfam America’s programs, or equivalent work experience.
Experience and Core Competencies:
1. At least one (1) year of work experience.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office, Outlook, web-based applications; the ability to learn new software tools.
4. Strong administrative and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to set priorities among multiple tasks, manage multiple requests and make decisions about how to handle them, take initiative, and use sound judgment.
5. Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and to achieve intended results.
6. Ability to work as a member of a team that has multiple sites of operation and work effectively in multi-cultural settings, commitment to constructive engagement towards improving overall team performance.
7. Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and work of Oxfam America.
Ability to communicate in Spanish