The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
About the Department
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Intake Department is ultimately responsible for the initial scheduling of many of the patients that are seen at our facility. Intake is comprised of approx. 35 employees who all receive calls from patients, referring physicians and family members seeking care at SCCA. The Intake reception team is comprised of 2 full time receptionist who take many of these calls and route them to the appropriate staff in Intake, the main clinic and our affiliates. Intake reception receives an average of 200-400 calls per day, and the receptionists are often the first SCCA employees that new callers speak to – customer service is a must in this position. Along with the duties of maintaining a multi-line phone service, the receptionists also have other duties ranging from filing, ordering office supplies and creating charts for new cases. The ideal candidate is friendly, able to provide great customer service and juggle many diverse calls. A strong interest or background in health care is an asset.
• Greet visitors and provide assistance.
• Answer incoming telephone calls on multi-line system; answer routine questions, take messages, and direct calls as necessary (Note: Due to volume and diverse nature of calls, there is a need for this position to elicit sufficient information to ensure proper routing ).
• Track all incoming Intake calls using access database.
• New Transplant-related calls: Complete Telephone Consult form and enter data in Gateway/Alpha database.
• Provide service to callers who wish not to leave a voicemail by taking short informational message and emailing message to appropriate patient care coordinator (PCC).
• Process incoming and outgoing mail and direct couriers.
• Sort patient paperwork; inactivate files on a yearly basis. Assist staff with locating missing files.
• Send and receive documents via fax.
• Create initial Intake charts for HSCT (transplant) patients; convert records to appropriate chart as patient’s status changes (e.g. Consult - Arrival).
• Coordinate photocopying and email distribution of various documents to other SCCA departments, including the Clinical Coordinator Office sheets.
• Distribute all correspondence from inboxes, CCO box, fax machine.
• Maintain adequate supply of office forms at Reception Desk and for the Clinical Coordinator and the Transplant PCCs.
• Order and monitor office supplies.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Duties noted above are cross-covered by 2 Intake receptionists.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE+ excellent benefits
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard