Position: Program Assistant, Clinical/Programs Team
Reports to: Clinical/Program Directorate
Location: Boston, MA
The Clinical/Programs team in Boston provides PIH programmatic support and strategic planning across all sites. The Program Assistant is an integral member of the Clinical/Programs team, carrying out the administrative responsibilities and coordination support listed below for a diverse and cohesive team of individuals located in Boston and at PIH sites.
Schedule and Travel Coordination
- Manage the Directorate team calendars, scheduling meetings, calls, and speaking obligations as needed.
- Arrange flights, hotel accommodations, visas, ground transportation and other travel provisions for Boston and site-based team members as needed, ensuring that all aspects are confirmed.
- Assist the team in the planning and operations of conferences and other meetings.
- Provide and coordinate accompaniment for partners and site visitors.
- Arrange wire transfers, invoices, and other necessary financial transactions as requested.
- Prepare and submit expense reports for Directorate members and overall team as needed. Organize and maintain financial documentation for all expenditures and reimbursements for the team.
- Collaborate with IT and Procurement teams to purchase and ship items as necessary.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and other documents for meetings and speaking obligations. Circulate comprehensive minutes.
- Collaborate with the HR Coordinator to update HR paperwork including contracts, visas, and benefits, and resolve other HR concerns for site-based staff.
- Maintain electronic filing of financial, grant, and other important documents.
- Archive written and verbal discussions conducted by the team.
- Facilitate smooth relationships between the Directorate and key staff and all collaborators and inquirers.
- Correspond with contacts by phone, in writing, and in person. Accommodate all requests with tact and diplomacy; use creative problem-solving techniques to satisfy the requesters, as needed. Manage electronic communications.
- Review and respond, as needed, to incoming mail, e-mail, phone, and fax communications.
- Design and distribute templates for presentations, publications and other materials produced by team members.
- Coordinate team presentations for PIH updates and brown bag events.
- Create reference guides that can be used to respond to common requests from external parties, and for briefing other teams within PIH about the team.
- Coordinate HR hiring processes between the team and HR by facilitating resume screening, scheduling interviews, and providing follow-up when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; background/interest in public health preferred.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support in an office setting; Experience with grant writing, and/or coordinating international travel preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative. Must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and switch gears easily. Detail-oriented.
- Strong writing, copy-editing, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants preferred.
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment.
- Interest in social justice and health care issues.
- Additional language skills in French and/or Spanish desirable but not required.
Partners in Health - 5 months ago