BA/BS degree and one year of program planning or related administrative experience or a combination of education and relevant administrative experience to total five years. Experience must include:
NOTE: Prior to offer, selected candidate will be required to go through a successful background check.
- Education or direct work with researchers involved with wetland delineator education, workshops and research.
- Experience with the administration of an educational, community outreach, or similar project or program.
- Demonstrated/Documented experience writing complex communications, such as: periodic program progress reports for Directors and Administrators
- Strong verbal and written communication skills experience
- Commitment to customer service
- Expertise in MS Office suite plus experience with database systems/software
- Experience in UM Content system
- Experience with web-editing and mass email marketing
- 1 year experience in event planning.
- Experience managing student workers and coordinating volunteers
- Planning Experience multiple-task and manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Experience in Excel, In-Design and Lyris systems.
- Understand wetland and environmental issues and policies.
- Knowledge of University systems
- Experience in a multi-cultural setting Evidence of ability to work independently.
- Commitment to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace.
Coordination of Workshops, Trainings and Conference 65%
-- Develop, coordinate, and implement WDCP and OSTP program/event time-line to include all event aspects: set timetable to identify & engage presenters/speakers; promote schedule; obtain licenses (caterer, conference room); logistics (food, lodging); registration database; supplies/equipment. Define/assign roles/tasks to volunteers.
-- Convene & coordinate planning committees. Determine agenda, facilitate meetings, identify, assign action items, and distribute meeting notes.
-- Determine program/event logistical requirements, space, facilities, lodging, food, & equip.
-- Develop program/event budget, cost various options, manage event within proposed budget. Negotiate contracts for food and/or secure caterer, facilities, lodging, & equipment.
-- Develop communication plan to promote each program/event (research/identify target audience; develop content of promotional message; method of communication). Coordinate design & develop promotional materials (i.e. press releases) to publicize events & recruit participants. Implement promotional campaign to include media contacts, purchase of advertising, direct mail, social media, & strategies to publicize event & recruit participants.
-- Oversee event registration & preparation of participant materials.
-- Define evaluation criteria to determine success/effectiveness of event.
-- Develop evaluation tools (questionnaire, focus group) to gather feedback; analyze information, make recommendations on event & possible future/related events.
-- Facilitates, manages, coordinates and is a member of planning committee board that meets multiple times per year with members from Wetland Professionals Association (WPA) to plan the annual Minnesota Wetlands Conference held each year.
Administrative & Budget Support - 20%
-- Facilitates programs designing website, collecting and distributing, communicating program information; serving as a resource for questions from both external and internal constituents.
-- Oversee expense budget; track & reconcile expenses
-- Process income & gift money
-- Develop & analyze monthly budget reports.
-- Oversee WDCP program
-- Coordinate WDCP and OSTP relations mailings.
-- Identify, recruit, & manage volunteers.
Exam/Data Management/Analysis 15%
-- Manage WDCP and OSTP Access database, including resolving issues w/ inaccurate data.
-- Assess & identify departmental data needs, write queries to request data from Access database & distribute result.
-- Develop, organize, maintain mailing lists (i.e. media and groups in Access database).
-- Manage research function of program, incl tracking metrics outlined in strategic plan.
-- Collect, compile & analyze workshop participants/constituent data from various U and external data sources. Develop reports; recommend improvements of events/programs.
-- Design surveys to evaluate programs, events.
-- Facilitate data needs for WRC publications.
-- Manage the proctoring of exams and WDCP certification program including coordination with course instructors.
As a member of the Water Resources Center, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) this position is responsible for the coordination and program development of the Minnesota Wetland Delineator Certification Program (WDCP) and is part of the Onsite Sewage Treatment Program (OSTP). This individual works with WDCP and OSTP staff, U of M faculty, administration and staff within the College of Continuing Education, Extension, and other units; as well as local, state, and federal agents. The primary goal of the WDCP is to certify individuals who work within the context of wetland delineation. The OSTP program's mission it to protect public and the environment by improving wastewater treatment through research-based education and outreach for homeowners, small communities, professionals and policy-makers.
Apply on-line and attach resume.
Does this position require a background check?