Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The Program Change Leader has two primary responsibilities, projects and proposals, and relies heavily on in-depth knowledge of HNFS and government contracting.
For the projects, the Leader plans, directs and coordinates the activities for small to medium sized Program Change projects involving approximately 1 to 5 business units. The Leader ensures designated project goals, objectives and results are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and budget. Manages activities of project personnel to ensure adherence to milestones and completion dates. Manages Subject Matter Experts and subcontractor relationships as appropriate. Coordinates project communication. Acts as central coordinator for multi-functional project steering committees and work groups. Provides high quality and cost effective project management, management consulting, and support services.
For the proposal function of work, the leader is responsible for proposal development including a summary of the project specifications, identifying impacted departments, description of the work and development of the basis of estimate for both incurred and estimated costs. Proposals are date driven and must be successfully managed within the specified time frames. Once submitted, the Leader will assist in negotiation strategy development and will participate in negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Be familiar with all contract documents
Follow guidelines for plan execution and project control
Direct the preparation of project procedures
Direct the preparation of the project schedule
Assist various departments in developing project cost estimates
Direct preparation of project design criteria and specifications
Create, manage, communicate and track project timelines, milestones, costs and deliverables.
Resolves all process related issues using financial/operational/process-impact analysis and developing alternatives.
Identify and communicate any impact project may have on established performance requirements.
Track and resolve project issues and questions
Work with Change Order Leadership Team (COLT) to identify technical specification clarifications and communicate those requests to the Government; write/manage all project correspondence with COLT and stakeholders
Schedule and manage task development meetings
Report the objectives, activities, and schedules to the Executive team.
Review and analyze subcontractor proposals for conformance to objectives
Review and analyze internal impact assessments for conformance to objectives
Direct all work that is required to meet contract obligations
Follow procedures for decision-making within the project team
Ensure the project team is meeting all established milestones and proper communication is occurring if project slippage happens
Assist in the resolution of problems between assigned groups
Maintain current knowledge of overall project status
Monitor project activities to ensure project scope complies with contract
Interpret, communicate, and require compliance with the contract, the approved plan, project procedures, and directives of the customer.
Closely monitor project activities for impact to any performance guarantees
Maintain effective communication with project participants, stakeholders, and sponsors.
Successfully monitor and control project to conclusion
Successfully write and submit a cost proposal for work associated with assigned projects
Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field required
PMP Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 to 7 years project management experience
- In-depth knowledge of HNFS, operations and/or government contracting
- Demonstrated cross-functional project management experience
- Health or Managed Care Industry experience preferred
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to handle multiple priorities
- Process improvement, workflow benchmarking and/or evaluation processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present to large audiences required
- Proficiency with systems and variety of software applications
- Ability to work in a team environment
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Constant amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Significant walking/standing may be required. Walking and/or transporting supplies and equipment between buildings/parking lots and structures may be required.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.