Kern Community College District
Program Coordinator, Short-term Temporary Hourly
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, coordinate the maintenance and implementation of an assigned program; assist students within an assigned program to achieve educational, vocational and personal growth goals.
This positions does not qualify for benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities
• College application and enrollment procedures.
• Student services available at the college.
• Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
• Uses and applications of computer equipment.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Communicate information to individuals and small groups.
• Interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the college and assigned program.
• Interact with and motivate others.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and two years of increasingly responsible program planning experience, including experience working with students in an academic environment AND A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Posting Date: 09/26/2013
Closing Date: 10/14/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Rate: $18.99 per hr
Work Week: Not to exceed 29 hrs per week
College/Site : Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 42.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Monday, October 14, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3879
AsiansinHigherEd.com - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard