Brevard County and Univ. of Florida/ IFAS Extension seek to fill a 100% county-funded 4-H Youth Development Program County Extension Agent position. This agent will:
• Work with all other 4-H faculty in the office in planning, implementing and evaluating the total 4-H program.
• Provide subject matter training and leadership for volunteer leaders, and club and school enrichment members.
• Provide leadership for development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive county 4-H Youth Development program in cooperation with local citizens and county/state Extension colleagues.
• Help recruit, train, supervise and evaluate 4-H volunteers.
• Develop, sustain, and monitor the effectiveness of a volunteer system to staff the 4-H program including recruitment, volunteer staff development, and evaluation/recognition.
• Ensure compliance with Florida 4-H youth protection policies, including screening and training 4-H volunteers.
• Maintain an effective county 4-H Association.
• Target programs to achieve program balance reflective of the county’s population diversity and to address the unique educational needs of county residents.
• Provide leadership for securing and managing private financial resources to support 4-H programming and ensure compliance with UF/ IFAS Extension financial policies.
• Provide leadership for the management of all program components including program policies, enrollments and records, risk management, communications, and educational materials.
• Establish and maintain an effective system for accountability.
• Assume other assignments and responsibilities in support of the total Extension program as assigned by the County Extension Director and District Extension Director.
• Follow all University and county policies and procedures.
• Be expected to have or develop an area of expertise to share across county lines, particularly regarding development of 4-H volunteers.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
• Design, implement, and evaluate community-based educational programs based on needs assessment with input from county 4-H Association and community members.
• Manage volunteer systems and apply experiential education and community development methods.
• Work with community agencies and groups in collaborations and partnerships.
• Work with and enhance strong local advisory committees.
• Develop and maintain good media relations.
• Work cooperatively with youth and adults as a leader and team member.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
In addition, the county faculty member must possess good verbal and written communication skills; have qualities of resourcefulness, creativity, enthusiasm and innovativeness; and have good organizational development and management skills. Knowledge and experience with computer technology are essential. Previous experience with 4-H as a member, leader, or agent and experience with 4-H clubs, camps, school enrichment, and afterschool programs is desirable. The agent must be free to travel frequently within Brevard County and occasionally outside of the County.
This position is located at the UF/ IFAS Extension office in the city of Cocoa. Brevard County is located on the Central Florida Atlantic coast and it has a population of 530,000.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. The degree must be from an accredited college or university in youth development, education, community development/sociology or a related field. Candidate must be willing to work irregular hours and weekends; occasional overnight travel is required. Must be able to obtain a Florida Driver’s license; must be willing to travel using personal transportation. Employment is contingent upon the results of a national background screening. The successful candidate must also complete a physical exam and background check required by the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners.
A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
Apply through the online UF application system (at https://jobs.ufl.edu ), referencing requisition # 0903451.
Please complete an online application and attach your Resume or CV, as well as a cover letter that describes how your experience and qualifications have prepared you for this position.
You must apply online no later than 11:00 PM on the position closing date.
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION , PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING :
You must submit unofficial copies of all transcripts and/or coursework of your academic degrees. You may attach these as an “other” document, or you may submit to our office as directed below. An unofficial copy is acceptable for the application process, but before you can be hired, IFAS Human Resources must have the official transcript for your highest degree on file. Official transcripts must be issued directly to our office from the institution.
Also, all applicants must have at least three reference rating forms on file. Reference forms must be less than one year old. If you have not already done so, please contact your professional/academic references and ask that they complete a reference rating form on your behalf. The form is located at http://personnel.ifas.ufl.edu/ref_form.pdf .
Please also complete and submit the Previous Employment Form (located at http://personnel.ifas.ufl.edu/prev_employment.pdf ).
With the exception of official transcripts, all items submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than the next business day after the position closing date. All documents submitted by fax or email must be received no later than the next business day. If your official transcripts will arrive after the closing date, you must also submit unofficial transcripts by the deadline.
Requested reference forms and transcripts should be submitted as follows:
Faxed to the IFAS Office of Human Resources, Faculty Recruitment and Hiring, Attention Dana LeCuyer at 352-392-3226
Emailed to email@example.com
Ms. Dana LeCuyer
UF IFAS Human Resources
Faculty Recruitment and Hiring
P O Box 110281
Gainesville, FL 32611-0281
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( NACES ), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida’s ‘Government in the Sunshine’ and Public Records Laws. Interviews will be open to the public, and applications, resumes, and many other documents related to the search will be available for public inspection. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation.
University of Florida - 12 months ago