The Program Developer writes funding proposals and develops science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs for public and professional audiences, incorporating best practices, innovative ideas, and a collaborative process. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters:
- Generate ideas for new programs.
- Research and develop major programs for various audiences including early childhood, pre-K-12, out of-school youth, family, adult, and professional.
- Lead project team during program development phase.
- Implement program projects within budget scope and timeline.
- Assemble and lead advisory groups.
- Research, write, and test activity copy, background support materials, training materials, teacher materials, and interpretive programming and educational guides for exhibits.
- Develop program project plan and write narrative for grant proposals.
- Write reports to project funding sources.
- Support exhibit development when needed.
- Procure in-kind scientific and educational resources for programs.
- Train interpretive staff on programs and exhibits developed by OMSI.
- Work with and support volunteers throughout the museum.
- Serve as scientific and educational resource for the museum.
- Stay current in ISE field to pursue best practices, partnerships, and new audiences.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is on-call, scheduled for 19 hours/week.
- Physical Demands: 75% Sitting 24% Standing 1% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 10-20 Pounds
- Assist in development of project budgets and timelines.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of R&D.
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry - 16 months ago
Founded in 1944 and one of the nation's top ten science museums, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a world-class tourist...