SKILLS Documented expertise in the Radiologic Technology subject area as demonstrated by data sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications and/or résumés. Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills. Ability to provide effective direction and leadership and work effectively and collaboratively with others.
EXPERIENCE Minimum of 4 years of industry experience. Prior postsecondary related teaching experience of at least 2 years is required.
EDUCATION Associate/Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in the discipline maybe be required, as well as appropriate licenses and/or certifications depending upon discipline as per accreditation and state licensing standards.
ARRT Certification required
A leading provider of post secondary career training in Montgomery, AL is looking for an organized, experienced Radiology Technician to join our management team as the Medical Office Basic X-Ray Technician Program Director.
The Program Director/Department Chairperson teaches in his/her assigned discipline, works with faculty to promote continuous improvement of the quality of instruction within the assigned program(s), is the lead administrator for the department, and, as such, is responsible for developing, coordinating and administering the academic program(s) and retention activities within the department.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a faculty member, fulfill all the functions and responsibilities of teaching the assigned course load as directed by the DOE/Dean.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching qualities and set a positive example for other instructors regarding appropriate dress, class preparation, punctuality, student assessment and a student-centered approach to classroom instruction.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for students, instructional staff and advisory committees regarding academic curriculum.
- Provide leadership in developing, evaluating and maintaining curricula and programs that respond to community needs, prepare students for success, and meet the requirements of the regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies that support student enrollment, retention, externship/internship/clinical programs and program completion.
- In the capacity of a qualified instructor, visit the externship sites and review the students’ performance, and conduct meetings with students.
- Monitor attendance, SAP and other program data to take necessary corrective action to ensure successful graduation and retention outcomes.
- Develop schedule of classes in a timely fashion and in consultation with the DOE/Dean that is responsive to student needs and educational efficiencies.
- Oversee textbook review and selection process at the department level, update textbook inventory, and submit textbook orders for approval by the DOE/Dean and ultimately the campus director.
- Coordinate with the DOE/Dean to conduct classroom observations, faculty evaluations, performance reviews, conferences, in-services and professional development sessions.
- Assist the DOE/Dean in the hiring, training, development and supervision of faculty and substitutes to cover classes as needed.
- Assist the Dean/DOE in providing product knowledge training to the admissions personnel from time to time and prior to the implementation of new or updated program(s).
- Work with faculty to provide mentoring for new full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Organize and conduct new employee orientations regarding program procedures, instructional issues and Faculty Fast Track Training.
- Work with faculty to support course consistency in accordance with approved course syllabi and lesson plans.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the faculty in his/her department to identify at-risk students, review policies and procedures, and resolve faculty and student issues.
- Ensure faculty support the attainment of department and institutional goals as laid out in the Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, software and supplies in the laboratory and classroom and monitor the cleanliness of the labs/classrooms.
- Monitor classroom and student safety and immediately report safety concerns to the DOE/Dean and Campus Director.
- Participate in student activities, such as serving as a club advisor, if asked.
- Be aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook and student handbook and understand all the procedures and expectations stated within it, as well as policies stated therein.
- Ensure that student surveys are completed at the end of each course and mailed to Datamark in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that faculty members in the department submit final grades to the Registrar by established deadline.
- Select and engage advisory board activities at least twice a year with coordinated effort of Career Services and the DOE/Dean.
- Assist Career Services in working with students prior to and after graduation in securing positions related to their area of training.
- Develop and maintain industry contacts for instructional and employment purposes.
- Keep abreast of industry changes through participation in industry events and regular involvement in professional organizations.
- Organize and implement programming designed to help graduates transition from school to employment.
- Adhere to and support school policies and procedures as referenced in the employee handbook, faculty handbook and catalog.
- Attend student orientation and graduation ceremonies.
- Perform other duties as may be specified by the DOE/Dean or the Campus Director.
The Program Director/Department Chairperson must complete/submit and update each year the following documents to support appropriate instructional qualifications:
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :
- All official higher education transcripts
- All official required licenses and certifications
- Faculty Development Plan with documented professional development
- Faculty Data Sheets as required by the state and accrediting agencies
Performance is based on the employee’s ability to:
- Meet preset annual goals
- Maintain high rates of student retention and graduation
- Demonstrate job knowledge
- Achieve satisfactory student evaluation scores
- Demonstrate organization and planning
- Use strong communication skills
- Show initiative/dependability/reliability
- Work as a team player
Education Affiliates Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard