: The Global Program Director is responsible for envisioning, developing, and driving the success of Teradata marketing strategies and solution programs in the Auto/Industrial space globally.
The Program Director works closely with the IMS Global Manufacturing VP, the Field Sales Solution VP, and the Field Industry Consultant management teams across all Regions. This exact management setup may vary regionally. This position is geared specifically to Teradata’s Auto/Industrial Manufacturing sub-vertical. In partnership with Field Management, the Program Director sets the Industry marketing strategy, defines the requirements, provides the content expertise for the program, and partners with the Field selling organizations to drive financial success of the program. This individual is responsible for building and executing plans which ensure that any approved programs are deployed successfully on time and within budget. The Program Director may also be called on to support specific customer sales motions and must have the requisite business knowledge.
The position reports to the IMS Global Manufacturing Industry VP.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Business Knowledge Leadership and Experience
- Work with the IMS Industry Marketing Director and Field Industry Consulting teams to build program specific marketing assets and plans – must incorporate input from relevant individuals across the globe
- Develop a marketing strategy to provide relevance for our Teradata hardware and software products within Auto/Industrial business processes
- Responsible for specific Industry messaging development based on above strategy
- Own the development of Industry buyer personas to support our offers
- Work with Global Alliance managers to drive required behavior from alliance partners such as ISV’s (SAP, SAS, Microsoft, etc) and systems integrators (Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant,etc). Co-develop marketing plans where appropriate
- Identify and participate in PR opportunities
- Assist and direct Field resources in developing case studies
- Meet with and brief Industry Analysts (IDC, Gartner) on industry trends and Teradata offers. Synthesize all relevant research in order to document Industry trends and directions.
- Provide Industry context for new Teradata products and acquisitions
- Responsible for maintaining the Industry pages on the corporate web site
- Develop and support a relevant social media strategy
- The leading candidate is expected to be an experienced B to B marketing executive – technology marketing is a plus
- Specific knowledge and experience in major Auto/Industrial business processes including but not limited to: Warranty management, Service Parts operations, Predictive Asset Maintenance, Product Life Cycle, Engineering Test Data, and Manufacturing Operations is a plus
- Understanding of and experience with analytic decision support systems is a plus
- Experience with software systems used by major Auto/Industrial manufacturers, such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, and/or other manufacturing specific systems is a plus
- Be prepared to address industry groups and trade audiences with self prepared presentations, materials and messaging
- Meet with Auto/Industrial business leaders to discuss industry trends and associated Teradata solution value
- Work directly with customers and our Field sales triad where requested – successful candidate must develop a trusted advisor relationship with key sales executives across the globe
- Develop simple Field sales support materials where requested such as Solution briefs, brochures, challenger messaging, and so forth
- Be prepared to make compelling customer presentations and lead customer focused workshops where requested
- Develop and deliver industry and program specific training via InfoHubs and Communities of Practice
Office & Travel Requirements
- Strong business knowledge and direct marketing experience (7+ years) with a Marketing Firm, Auto or large Industrial Manufacturer, relevant Systems Integrator or Consulting Firm
- College degree in Business/Management or Marketing. Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other Manufacturing related degrees are a plus
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills with an ability to influence others is a must
- Excellent writing and communication skills are a must – candidate must be comfortable producing quality written materials in a timely basis
- Analytical experience with a practical knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing
- Candidate must be a self-starter able to reach across organizations
- Teradata is a Field Sales driven company and an ability to build alignment across organizations and individuals is critical
: This will be a “virtual” (home) based office position. Travel is expected to be up to 50% in a typical month including global travel
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Industry Mktg & Solns
Teradata - 18 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...