A minimum of five years experience with exercise programs in supervisory and teaching capacities is expected, YMCA experience preferred. College degree in related field for specific program area(s) assigned, from an accredited college or university. This position must bring a minimum of YMCA certification in areas assigned and current CPR and 1st Aid. Have experience in administration, supervision, financial development and control, program development, planning and human resource development.
Under the Supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director of Healthy Living will be responsible for supervision and program implementation of programs that are assigned to him/her. This position will oversee program development, program delivery of personal training and group exercise and may teach a variety of classes. The Program Director of Healthy Living will plan special events such as but not limited to Healthy Kids Day, Harvest Party, Zumba Parties and Senior Fitness Day. The Program Director will work with membership staff to promote special memberships such as corporate memberships, Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit and corporate wellness programs.
Essential Functions Of Job
• Ability to set personal training sales goals and monitor progress
• Implement a marketing plan for the department
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with both members and staff and give directions in an authoritative, yet tactful manner.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
• Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Strong verbal and communication skills.
• The ability to substitute in programs of responsibility when needed after completing the necessary training in those areas.
• Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. And perform technical skills of YMCA Fitness testing.
• Ability to supervise a variety of jobs going on at the same time; large volume of health and fitness, youth and family and aquatics programs and classes.
1) Administration of programs and membership as assigned.
2) Plan programs and activities to meet goals and objectives of association and branch.
3) Staff Management: supervise, hire, train and evaluate staff and volunteers in assigned program areas. Provide job descriptions; negotiate performance standards, Provide ongoing supervision and recognition for staff and volunteers as assigned.
4) Volunteer Development: Serve as a staff aid to committees as assigned. Recommend chairperson names to supervisor recruit committee members, work with chairperson and staff in assigned areas, conduct meeting and provide minutes.
5) Follow YMCA emergency procedures and YMCA policies.
6) Teach a variety of classes as assigned.
7) Membership retention duties, following branch plan, including but not limited to knowing names of members, proper member orientation, assisting members, individuals programs needs, follow up with suggestion / comment forms in assigned areas.
8) Responsible for overall program design in assigned areas, working in harmony with the membership department on member orientations and member retention.
9) Recommend incentive programs and educational events for members and implement one selected.
10) Fiscal Management: Budget plan and program implementation according to budget plan. Complete monthly/yearly reports (budget, board, donative effort, statistics, and others as assigned)
11) Financial Development: Serve as a Campaign Aide. Work with a section leader, division leaders, and team captains as campaigners.
12) Attend all scheduled meetings. Hold necessary meetings for staff and volunteers to communicate and implement branch and association objectives. Conduct quarterly department / area meetings (more done if / when needed)
13) Serve as association and branch program expert for assigned programs. Complete requirements for evaluations, training, program development for branch, association, national YMCA and community.
14) Represent the YMCA by participating as a member of related community groups. Maintain positive working relationships with the other agencies and people in the area assigned.
15) Develop and implement marketing, promotion and public relations strategies for the YMCA and program as assigned. Coordinate these efforts in program area as assigned. Follow YMCA Marketing plan and Image Development policy Complete written articles for program schedules, newsletters, and others.
16) Direct, conduct and organize reports to collaborating agencies, physicians, or people as assigned.
17) Assist in maintaining equipment and physical facilities (owned and leased).
18) Insure cleanliness and orderly appearance of YMCA facilities (owned and leased)
19) Self-Development: Seek appropriate training to carry out responsibilities for position, keep abreast of developments in assigned area, keep informed of changes, trends, and new techniques affecting YMCA programming and management.
20) Responsible for the Activate America Initiative, including providing guidance to other staff to carry the initiative forward throughout the branch. Act as the manager for Activate America
21) Other Duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit resume and completed Employment Application to:
Clark County Family YMCA
11324 NE 51st Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682