- re interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then B/E Aerospace may be right for you. As the world’s leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet and military markets, a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you’d expect in a job.
At B/E, we realize that our employees are one of the keys to our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including the Program Manager position at our Holtsville, NY location.
PRINCIPLE OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE:
Manage the activities of programs involving department or cross-functional teams. Focuses on delivery within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Monitors the program from initiation through delivery. The primary customer interface.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the program. Reports findings to senior management
- Collaboration with leaders regarding customer specific strategy and execution, customer relationship management, and Voice of the Customer (VOC) survey responsibility
- Conduct internal and external reviews to keep management appraised of market segment status including quarterly market segment reviews
- Conduct financial and operations review of the performance of market segment compared to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Identify, develop and execution of new market segment growth opportunities
- Work with customer specific integrated product teams to improve performance
- Assure customer specific contractual adherence and execution
- Resolves customer issues and identifies and implements customer strategy for optimized productivity
- Leverages existing customer relationships to support Consumables Management’s growth initiatives by working with sales teams to develop new business opportunities with customers
- Recommends business and operational goals; ensures operation meets the goals
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and responsibilities
- Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Compiles status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for senior management, client, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Signs addendums to add/remove or change the contract for the customer
- Manages an organization that is geographically dispersed and located at multiple sites
- May manage a team (i.e. performance management, direct work, etc). Must be able to motivate and train people
- Ability to create consensus and results from peers in cross-functional positions
- Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals and sales margins
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
BASIC ESSENTIAL CRITERIA/QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related fields
- A minimum of eight years related experience and/or training
- Minimum three (3) years sales or program management experience working with customers in the Aerospace industry
- Experience managing a geographically distributed and cross-functional team
- Knowledge of Just in Time (JIT) inventory management processes and philosophies
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Immediate skills utilizing Excel, Access and Powerpoint programs
- Understanding of financial reports and expense control (i.e. Profit and Loss reports)
- Proven ability to analyze data and successfully develop and execute project plans
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to both customers, public groups, and internal organizations (i.e. top management, boards of directors
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with leadership (minimum – up to 2 levels up)
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as factions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE CRITERIA:
- Masters in Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma certification
- Advance/expert knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint with intermediate knowledge of Access databases
- Background in aviation materials or sales management
- Minimum five (5) years of customer-facing experience in the Aerospace industry
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience with product information database and material planning tools
- Experience in implementing and managing JIT programs
B/E Aerospace - 15 months ago
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...