Responsibilities of Position:
- Manages Valve CoC productivity pipeline from concept generation through production implementation.
- Leads new product development projects adhering to all PDC requirements
- Drive and direct cross-functional teams, and coordinate multi-functional activities to meet milestones and deliver programs on plan.
- Accountable for meeting Valve CoC annual productivity targets established in MOP.
- Accurately tracks and manages projects in Strong Focus tool.
- Responsible to ensure that project launches meet cost, quality, and timing commitments.
- Accountable for resolution of critical issues during the entire life cycle of the projects.
- Coordinate productivity idea generation activities to ensure future pipeline fill.
- Establish business cases for new opportunities based on product line and customer strategies
- Support product life cycle management strategy and implementation.
- Conduct bi-weekly status report out meetings to CoC leadership team.
- Interface with customers, suppliers and Bendix plants to determine requirements for a successful project implementation.
- Assist in a variety of product management activities, such as analysis of product obsolescence and product streamlining and related program management.
Attributes and Skills Required/Sought :
- Build and project knowledge-based credibility and presence to the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and manage conflicts, both internal and external.
- Understanding of major functional and cross-functional business processes and related metrics (Engineering, Operations, Financial, Purchasing, Marketing, and Sales).
- Ability to develop and use early warning indicators and other analytical tools for situation assessment or changing conditions, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of six sigma tools (DMAIC) for problem solving and solution definition and strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of APQP and associated requirements.
- Knowledge of DVP&R, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Control Plan linkages.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability in establishing milestones, project planning and implementation (execution skills) while meeting commitments; able to prioritize, schedule, and plan; anticipate obstacles and manage risks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; capable of formal and informal discussions at all levels of the business, customer, and supplier organizations; has a professional presence; recognizes the importance of networking and a positive working relationship; willingness to learn and share knowledge; values the diversity of ideas.
- Knowledge and use of PDC, and associated product launch and program management tools including Microsoft Project.
- Leadership skills, with ability to create highly motivated teams that can deliver results.
- Possesses strong self-development skills.
- Highly motivated and energetic, ready to take action and deliver business results.
*LI - TS1
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA a plus.
- 5 years minimum business experience in commercial vehicle or automotive industry required.
- Experience in program management and/or leadership position of cross-functional teams with direct report responsibility required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Greenbelt certification required.
Knorr-Bremse North America - 15 months ago
If you slow down on the interstate and notice an 18-wheeler in your rearview mirror, you may be more grateful for Bendix Commercial Vehicle...