With the VP of External Affairs, the Program Manager develops and executes the overall fundraising strategy for Seedco programming. The responsibilities of this position are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities. Qualified candidates must be task oriented leaders with big picture thinking and the ability to produce and monitor quality work in a fast paced environment.
Primary Job Functions:
Supervisory Reports :
- Work with program teams to conceptualize and develop new programs, concept papers, and proposals, using knowledge of existing opportunities, interest from funders, and current policy trends.\
- Identify, research, and cultivate new opportunities for funding from a wide variety of sources, including foundations, corporations, individuals, and government to expand Seedco’s donor base and sustain and increase annual revenues.
- Develop, draft, and submit new funding requests.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to existing funders.
- Oversee the activities of the Program Associate and Program Assistant, managing workflow, editing written materials, and providing general guidance on proposal development.
Total staff: 2+ [Program Associate(s) and Program Assistant(s)]
VP of External Affairs, senior management, and all Seedco employees
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree. Masters is a plus
- Must have 5 years of related experience researching and developing grant proposals.
Other Special Considerations:
- Must possess excellent organizational, writing, communication (verbal and nonverbal), and computer skills.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a high performance environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must.
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Seedco - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard