The School of Medicine Dean’s Office, SFGH
The Dean's Office, including its various administrative units, provides all central administrative services to the UCSF School of Medicine departments and organized research units and supports the function of the dean, including developing and implementing strategic programs; recruiting and retaining key leaders, faculty and staff; identifying additional resources to support the school; and overseeing and administrating the School's research, education and patient care programs.
The Program Manager – Salesforce.com reports to the ITS Deputy Dir. Salesforce and Web Site Solutions. S/he understands and articulates the vision of how Salesforce.com should be used at UCSF. The Program Manager guides this vision with a solid understanding of Salesforce.com and directly related technologies and processes, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Service/Case Management, and Enterprise Collaboration tools.
The Program Manager will coordinate and manage the scope, timing, budget and delivery of multiple small to large-scale projects to achieve desired organizational goals and benefits; oversees and directs business analysts on gathering and documenting business requirements and analyzing proper fit for potential Salesforce.com projects; provides expertise and advice throughout the entire cycle of organization projects to ensure they reflect strategic directions, provide value, are risk-manageable, stay on a reasonable schedule, and are fiscally managed; provides consistency in the content and execution of all Salesforce.com applications projects across UCSF, including the Medical Center; establishes Salesforce.com project management processes for the organization; trains other project managers, business analysts, and technical leads on processes and tools; oversees prioritization of Salesforce.com project proposals; assists project teams with change management and project guidance; provides regular analysis and feedback on all phases of projects to Supervisor.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus
• 10+ years experience of progressive broad-based information systems business analysis and project management, with strong project management methodology background
• Certification in project management methodology (i.e., Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certified)
• Scrum Master Certification
• Experience in writing business plans
• Experience presenting to C-Level executives and/or Venture
• Prior academic and/or healthcare experience
• Prior experience leading Salesforce.com projects
• Experience with Agile Methodology
• Ability to manage budgets
• Ability to provide technical documentation of testing results.
• Ability to provide training as needed
• Demonstrated experience to maintain schedule and maintain risk management standards
• Demonstrated experience in driving focused initiatives to meet global needs/goals
• Solid understanding of the Salesforce.com product suite and related technologies such as email marketing and social networking/collaboration
• Solid understanding of the project lifecycle process, including initiation, requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control
• Highly organized and thorough, with an ability to facilitate communication and scheduling among different levels of staff
• Strong communication, writing and inter-personal abilities, including skills such as attitude, diplomacy and persuasiveness, analytical ability, strong judgment and managerial skills
• Able to prioritize effectively according to department needs and ability to organize a large number of changing variables
• Strong leadership and development skills needed
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Experience leading business transformation projects