Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Program Manager – Commercial Construction . In this position, you would be a key part of the Construction Management team, working on the largest and most complex commercial construction projects at Lutron. A successful Program Manager will leverage their knowledge of the construction industry and excellent organizational skills to develop and maintain project plans for highly visible installations.
- Work with construction managers and internal functional managers to develop and maintain, execute program/system/release level project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Highlight risks/issues, roadblocks and negotiate with others, including construction manager and functional managers to drive through resolution.
- Monitor status of project resources, people, facilities or equipment, requirements and works with team to resolve any conflicts as well as forecasts at the program/system/release level the utilization of those resources.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and facilitates resolution with construction manager.
- Prioritize as required within program scope to meet organizational goals.
- Monitor project costs and margin. Highlight to management when targets are not being met. Identify opportunities for schedule, cost improvements based on project plans
- Support construction manager in preparing for program status reviews.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors, peers and project team
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Plans, Lessons Learned, Resourcing (People, facilities, equipment) requirements and utilization), Program metrics
- Hold regular project plan review meetings with the project team.
- Review of critical path, progress against the plan, and identifies and works to mitigate any risks/issues raised by the team.
- Facilitate team meetings effectively.
- Effectively negotiates inside and outside of the team to achieve program goals.
- Understand the dynamics and capabilities of Lutron business
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and applications to Lutron commercial job business.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
Be an innovative thinker
Be customer focused
- 2 year degree from an accredited institution in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ work experience as a Program Manager, Program Coordinator or Construction coordinator
- Requires excellent oral and written communications
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams and driving for tangible results
- Experience managing multiple complex projects
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes during stressful situations
- Expert Computer Skills to include: MS Project, MS Office
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE.
Bright futures begin at Lutron.
Join a worldwide industry leader focused on innovation and energy conservation! Lutron manufactures a range...