High Level Responsibilities:
Single point responsibility for the overall success of each project within his/her portfolio. Program Manager (PM) is the managerial and administrative authority for designated technical areas; he/she must work collaboratively with one or more Principal Investigators (PIs) who are the authority for technical matters on specific projects. Program Managers are expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive Program Plan that clearly defines the technology program they are executing to include a clear descriptive summary, a vision of where the program is moving, an execution strategy, targeted customers and engagement plan, anticipated growth estimates and staffing plans, and responsive to the direction of the Chief Scientist as coordinated with the PIs. The Program Manager will also be responsible to work effectively and cooperatively with other Program Managers and senior management to collectively achieve all Operations and Corporate goals and objectives.
Program Administration: Handling resource requirements; scheduling and tracking of projects, including project meeting schedules and minutes; briefing arrangements, security, paperwork, closeout documentation, personnel badges, time-sheet accounting, expense reports, equipments acquisition, etc.; and reporting to all corporate departments as required. Ensure stability and growth within the assigned technology domain for the project team. It is essential that the candidate have established leadership skills to motivate your team to follow your direction; setting reasonable, challenging, and clear expectations for individuals; and holding them accountable and providing responsible performance feedback to team members.
Business Development/Customer Relations: Expectations include drafting and submitting white papers and proposals when necessary; initiating, developing and growing business relationships; pursue new business development findings, or identification of such opportunities.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate intimate knowledge of cyber attack and defense, as well as computer and network security, and vulnerability analysis. Specifically, the applicant should be able to provide a diverse and current sample of public and private sector interactions, demonstrate proficient knowledge of current technical capabilities available in the public and private sectors, as well as market trends, and demonstrate proficient knowledge of public and private sector needs.
- Experience and familiarity with AFRL/RI
- Work experience in a project management capacity, including a wide range of aspects of process development and execution
- Strong familiarity with project management software
- Familiarity with programming languages is required
- Competent and proficient understanding of computer architectures and platforms
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Demonstrated experience and skill in personnel management
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Able to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Prior management experience specific to funding projections and budgeting, staffing projects and business units, as well as project staffing needs and corresponding activities. Purchase, maintain, and track hardware and software inventory and pursue and manage a diverse funding portfolio that may include numerous customers and funding types; 6.1-6.7, SBIRs, grants, private sector funds (commercial work)
Preferred Skills C, C++, Java, Assembly, SQL, Databases, UML, DoDAF, Familiarity with version control systems, all Microsoft Office applications, system level design, product integration, technical experience relevant to red-teaming, reverse engineering, and vulnerability assessments, and understanding of offensive and defensive network tools and tactics
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; or equivalent job related experience. Experience: 7 - 10 years of software development experience working on large team based projects, which includes 3-5 years of supervisory experience working on software development projects. Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
AIS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Assured Information Security, Inc - 22 months ago