Program Manager - Propulsion Vendors
$90K - $100K
Location: Multiple sites
The Propulsion Vendor Program Manager (PVPM) - Propulsion manages high value, high complexity systems or services procured in support of principal development programs and product lines. PVPMs serve as key members of multi-disciplined Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) that coordinate activities between the Program Office, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Subcontractors. The PVPM is a Subject Matter Expert.
• Manage medium to high value procurements of complex assemblies, major systems and design services, including all subcontract management activities through development, production, and close-out phases.
• Work closely with the Program Office and IPT leadership to execute effective procurement strategies.
• Coordinate and document program related information flow with all internal and external customers and subcontractors.
• Lead preparation of subcontract documents in accordance with appropriate company and customer requirements, including terms and conditions, statements of work, purchase technical specifications, data requirements, and special provisions as required.
• Ensure subcontracts are compliant with policies, procedures, regulations, and prime contracts.
• Coordinate internally and with subcontractors to assure common understanding of program objectives, milestones, issues, and risks.
• Manage, monitor, and report on subcontractor tasks and milestones related to design and development activities, and ensure subcontractor performs per required schedules to complete design and development on time.
• Monitor and periodically report on cost, schedule, and technical status of subcontractor contractual performance. Evaluate and communicate risks, recommend and implement corrective actions as required.
• Lead development and implementation of material cost reduction ideas and strategies including driving Six Sigma, lean and continuous improvement activities internally and with subcontractors.
• Conduct subcontractor program reviews and support customer program reviews, configuration change board, and marketing activity as required.
• Ensure all proposal plans are supported with required subcontract/material estimates and other supporting data in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management.
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or Supply Chain Management required. Master’s degree desired.
• CPM, CPSM, or PMP certification is a plus.
• Ten (10) years Aerospace and Defense, civilian and/or military Industry experience in technical development and production transition.
• Five (5) years of Project Management experience required, DoD environment preferred.
o Experienced team builder with ability to effectively plan, organize and schedule.
o Demonstrated ability to manage to and communicate progress to execution plans.
o Financial cost analysis skills including experience with EVMS.
• Supplier Management background required; direct Supplier Management experience desired.
• Demonstrated specific technical experience and background in:
o Marine mechanical system development and integration: hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
o Propulsion systems: marinization and integration of prime mover and drive train subsystems.
• Experience managing programs using EVMS, IMP, and/or IMS.
• Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR, UCC, and INCO terms with a broad familiarity with government contracting principles and contract types.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft software; Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Project.
• Ability to analyze data and focus on attention to details.
• Ability to work well with others in a distributed team environment, often from off-site locations.
• Familiarity with and ability to interpret contractual documents.
• Flexibility to adapt to evolving program and organizational requirements.
• Willing to travel as required estimated 25%.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
Schedule : Full-time
Job Level : Manager without Direct Reports
Shift : First Shift
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
FPCNational - 19 months ago