EMC Corporation is the world leader in information storage systems, software, networks, and services that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion of content. EMC solutions are enabling enterprises of all kinds to unite information as one resource, harness it as one source of value, and leverage it as one asset to reach the goals of the organization. If you thrive in a challenging, results-oriented, and rewarding environment take a closer look at EMC Corporation. Team up with the world leader and achieve your own ambitious goals!
JOB POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Manager is responsible for managing multiple complex IT projects and/or programs impacting business goals and objectives for the EMC customer support business. The Program Manager is responsible for trend awareness, business conditions and internal processes and practices impacting project/program deliverables.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQURED:
- Lead and manage cross functional team(s) across multiple projects and/or programs. Identify priorities and resources relative to each work stream. Ensures deliverables are met on time and within budget as required. May facilitate partner alignment and maintain partner relationships.
- Coordinate shift schedules and resources for 24x7x365 operation.
- Create and maintain a DR and BCP plan.
- Lead teams through various audits and certifications.
- Develop communications for project/program initiatives and deliver to appropriate parties. Make recommendations to senior management as necessary.
- Coordinates with EMC Government Affairs to stay up to date on legislation and other initiatives that affect the Federal Division.
- Work with the Federal Support Practice Leader and Federal Sales Operations to evaluate and acquire appropriate resources to support the program.
- Maintain awareness of trends, business conditions and internal process and practices impacting project/program(s). Identify areas of risk/opportunity and implement continuous improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, project management or related field.
- 5-10 years experience working as a project management professional in the High Tech and Customer Service Focus programs.
- Experience working for the US Federal government (direct employment or indirect/contractor).
- Ability to manage multiple related, and unrelated, initiatives while meeting scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage virtual teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong understanding of customer service with direct and indirect delivery models.
- Strong understanding of information technology, including enterprise software and hardware.
- Ability to work a varied, rigorous schedule as business needs dictate, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Active government security clearance or the ability to acquire government security clearance if hired.