POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Clinical Director, plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned Lifewell program in providing clinical therapeutic services to an adult population composed of substance-abusing, SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Provides direction and support of all phases of assigned Programs operations, services, facilities and employees. Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned program and directs treatment, rehabilitation and support services; performs related duties as required. |
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs administrative, support, and direct service functions; recommends and implements standards, policies, and procedures governing the performance of the assigned program; revises services according to demonstrated client need, the programs contractual requirements and the programs strategic plan; reviews and approves the implementation of Program and/or site-specific plans that support the strategic plan.
- Develops annual goals and objectives; defines and recommends objectives at each site; issues specific annual objectives to direct reports, and reviews objectives developed by the site teams; develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs.
- Referring to the Director on matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to policy or budget, reviews and approves plans for division manpower, facilities, labor, and materials; reviews and analyzes financial reports; reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports; approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts; ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the organization are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
- Coordinates communication and collaborates with other components of the organization and outside agencies involved with the program; seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination; consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action; keeps supervisor and employees informed as to program plans and progress. Fosters strong community relations; maintains productive working relationships with neighbors, landlords, area professionals and organizations to coordinate client services; participates in community and professional activities to promote the work of the organization.
- Collects and maintains quality improvement data and program performance measurements; monitors and evaluates existing programs, service effectiveness, and customer service; recommends and implements policies, procedures, and action to achieve program/site goals; provides reports to Management Team and programs on interpretation of results; recommends program/plan changes.
- Generates and maintains medical, organization, and program records; conducts preliminary and follow-up audits; requests and receives information, and updates information/forms according to established formats and timelines.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly; provides orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports; ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority, accountability, and performance standards of all direct reports are defined and understood; identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports, proactively manages performance and conducts performance reviews.
- Oversees program clinical services; coordinates services across multiple systems; ensures that services are provided in accordance with current contracts and applicable regulations and standards; provides direct services as needed.
- Oversees program clinical supervision in accordance with current contracts, applicable regulations/standards and Lifewell policy; monitors staff training; monitors performance levels and professionalism of all program staff.
- Leads team in program development, monitoring, evaluation, and improvement activities; participates in professional development.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic working relationship with employees, clients, families, and support systems that is strengths-based and recovery-focused; plans, organizes, provides, and evaluates the effectiveness of individual and group treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to achieve goals as outlined in clients treatment plans, ensures that program employees provide appropriate and necessary services.
- Participates in clinical meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of DSM-IV and SMI diagnoses, psychopharmacology, substance abuse, addictions, recovery, relapse prevention, and 12-step treatment philosophy.
- Knowledge of the principles of cultural competency and adherence to its philosophy.
- Knowledge of Lifewells Code of Ethics statement and adherence to its concepts.
- Knowledge of behavioral health services delivery systems policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of state behavioral health individual and agency licensure regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of state and local behavioral health resources.
- Ability to work effectively with others and to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work under pressure and address events/crises which may develop unexpectedly.
- Licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners to engage in the practice of behavioral health in Arizona at the Associate, LISAC or Independent level.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, the following:
- CPR and First Aid certifications
- Evidence of freedom from infectious pulmonary tuberculosis
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard