As a Program Manager of eInitiatives at American General you will work closely with operations management and sales leaders to understand and translate business objectives and strategies into actionable work. Working with internal and vendor or distribution IT, you will drive projects through implementation, and play a key role in the requirements analysis, application design and support of our distribution technologies.
The American General Life Companies (AGLC) eInitiatives department is responsible for promoting and advancing numerous internal and vendor tools and processes for American General’s distribution. The eInitiatives team partners with the Sales team and Operational areas to prioritize projects, increase adoption and shape the strategic direction of our technologies. As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for complex project management, directing other project managers supporting your programs and assisting with setting strategic direction.
This Houston based position reports to the Vice President of Producer Technology, Vendor Relations and Reporting and frequently has direct interaction with operational management, our sales team, IT, distribution and vendors.
• Run point on several projects at once, managing all communications, scope, timeline and budget.
• Lead cross-functional teams to deliver high quality deliverables on time and on budget.
• Develop and communicate project performance throughout development to all stakeholders.
• Maintain and update all project plan documentation from initiation to execution.
• Accurately identify and mitigate project risk, forecast development timelines and budget accordingly.
• Facilitate communication among team members – internally and with external customers as needed.
• Consult with management/senior management to identify and develop strategies to support key technology solutions and business initiatives. Conduct research, analysis and make recommendations which produce positive results in a cost-effective manner.
• Manage all aspects of a key technology including current year strategies, cost/benefit, potential future enhancements, adoption, issues and competitive information.
• Provide, oversee and ensure system production support.
• Support the technology aspect of relationships with key producers/agencies. Establish and maintain credibility and positive relationships with all customers and vendors.
• Provide coaching to transfer technical skills and knowledge to others.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Meaningful experience with IT project management and management/business consulting methodologies and approaches. Project Management or comparable certification achieved or in progress.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously involving various departments and levels of employees.
• Experience with strategic planning and technology solution management of costs, benefits, industry adoption and emerging technologies.
• Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills.
• Demonstrated consulting, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to apply technology to business problems.
American International Group - 21 months ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...