Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 42,400 kiosks across over 34,600 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
The Redbox Instant by Verizon brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at Redbox Instant by Verizon means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Program Manager - Administrator
The Program Manager is responsible for support, management and delivery of all projects for Redbox Instant by Verizon. Reporting to the head of Marketing, the Program Manager will fulfill this by effectively ensuring that their assigned projects are delivered on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards. In this position you will work closely with senior leaders, project teams, marketing, operations, and legal to execute projects. This position is critical in supporting the startup and leadership of the Redbox Instant by Verizon organization and is located at our Oakbrook Terrace, IL facility.
To be successful in this job you will need to be:
- An energetic team player with excellent communication and strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Need to be a highly motivated professional with exceptional skills and the ability to effectively manage a range of priorities without missing a beat.
- Must be able to take ownership for work and be highly organized and meticulously detail oriented. A positive “Can Do" attitude is a must.
- Proactively coordinates multiple small/mid-sized projects simultaneously or and act as a central point of contact for the project teams and project stakeholders.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Owns the development of project estimates, draft and submit project proposals.
- Maintain and report on project deliverables and documentation such as project vision/scope, work plans, budgets, issues and risks to Sr. Management for all JV Partners.
- Provide support to the team and business owner for all assigned projects and drive best practices within the team.
- Effectively communicates project status to the right people at the right time.
- Overall project and department administration as related to project deliverables/documents, project meetings and project resources.
- Maintain project schedules, task assignments, project deliverables and milestones. Responsible for documentation and follow-up of tasks assigned at project meetings.
- Proven ability and skill to identify and analyze complex situations and needs and recommend or implement effective courses of action for management.
- Facilitate resolution of issues by following-up with the responsible parties and ensuring closure of assigned issues. Provide visibility to the project team regarding issue management.
- Provide budget management support, receiving/coding/tracking invoices, processing for approval within RBIBVZ and through VZ and RB finance, as appropriate.
- Assist in hiring and training of future administrative personnel.
- Manage and mentor future administrative support/project management team
- Participate in and administer continuous project risk analysis and monitor required corrective actions.
- Coordinate turn-over process from the project to the areas/individuals that are the ultimate owners.
- May coach, mentor, and motivate project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. In the absence of the SVP will be the go to individual for project and administrative decisions.
- Contributor to the creation, management and reporting of performance metrics and measurements to track project/event performance, acceptance and cost.
- Obtain strong knowledge of companies, Board Members, Investors, and who’s who within and outside the company.
- Interface with high profile business associates on behalf of the Executives.
- Participant in the development of best practices and tools for effective project/event execution and management.
- Work results have clear impact within the department and across the business
- Function as the Corporate Office Manager by coordinating activities of office set-up, managing travel for events, calendaring and expenses.
- Proficiency in project management tools and procedures.
- Good negotiation skills are required
- PMP Certification desired.
- Proven track record in new product development and successful product launch.
- Experience managing cross functional teams in an internal team and shared service organizational environment.
- Ability to read and understand standard business documentation (e.g. contract language).
- Ability to identifying possible issues and participates in generating solutions.
- Solid project management, organizational, team-building and superior communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously under tight schedules, proven ability to lead virtual teams, express complex concepts & transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong computer proficiency, including, standard office software applications.
- Knowledge of data collection and interpretation is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, marketing, or like field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of related project management experience using various product development methodologies
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Redbox - 2 years ago
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...