Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Job ID: 808208-91968
Division: Online Services Division
The Online Media and Publishing team is expanding its portfolio to provide hosted content management services for MSN, Bing, Windows 8 and other Microsoft groups. The OMP Core Platform team provides the content management platform that enables editors to create and manage content and that serves more than a quarter-trillion page views every month to hundreds of millions of users. Our mission is to provide world class services with 7x24 health, high scale and superb workflow.
We are seeking a Program Manager to work on OMP’s back-end services platform that powers some of the largest sites on the planet. If you are experienced with, and passionate about, problems involving high performance, scalability, availability, automation and manageability of web services, this job is a good fit for you.
The Services team is responsible for the development and enhancement of large scale content management services and databases to manage the entire content lifecycle from content creation and publishing to rendering. We are looking for a technically strong PM to help drive and enhance our services platform to meet the needs of the next generation of MSN, Bing and Windows applications. You need to have a passion for APIs and databases and love the world of back-end development. You should have all of the PM basics: defining and executing end-to-end scenarios, strong cross-group collaboration, spec writing, communication, and the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in planning and roadmap building for the Core Platform services team
- Own key services features end-to-end, including planning, engineering, deployment, automation and health
- Collaborate closely with dependent teams within and outside Core Platform
- Partner with a strong set of peers and seniors to create system architectures and content services that reflect MSN’s strategic direction
O: MSN MSNKF
- Strong background in web services (WCF helpful) and databases
- Experience building n-tier web architectures
- 5+ years of experience in a PM role or performing PM like work
- Proven ability to deliver results on a cross-disciplinary (PM, Dev, Test) team
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write simple and clear requirements and specifications
Microsoft - 15 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...