POSITION DESCRIPTION: Budget and Program Analyst
This is professional work of an administrative nature involving the review, analysis, evaluation, monitoring and coordination of community homeless programs as a member of the administrative staff of the Allegheny County Department of Human Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Coordination
- Review programmatic monthly and quarterly reports for the Urban League Rental Assistance Program, the Urban League/CYF Traditional Rental Assistance Program, the Urban League Family Housing Stabilization Program, and the Community Human Services Innovative Services Program.
- Coordinate with the Office of Children, Youth and Families to ensure CYF-funded programs are in compliance with DPW regulations.
- Review HAP policies, bulletins and regulations to affect Allegheny County policies and procedures.
- Respond to problems and emergencies regarding clients as expressed by the provider and/or client.
- Act as a liaison to contracted agencies, various Allegheny County departments, and HAP and community organizations.
- Ensure contracted agencies are tracking data in the Homeless Management Information System, and recommend corrective action for contracted agencies when needed.
- Assist in the development of new reporting modules for the Homeless Management Information System and update data standards as needed.
- Work closely with the Bureau of Information Management to ensure that HMIS client data meets federal reporting standards.
- Process contracts and work statements in the Master Provider Enterprise Repository.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of homeless principles and techniques through journals, regulations and guidelines in order to provide optimum technical assistance and planning to contractors.
- Review the HAP boilerplate contract and agency work statements and recommend addendum for revisions.
- Provide on-going technical assistance and training
- Review all programmatic reports for appropriate documentation and complete information in accordance with Department of Public Welfare, Office of Social Programs and Allegheny County policies.
- Submit annual reports detailing the effectiveness of grant-funded program to ensure continuing funding.
- Interpret all Department of Public Welfare, Office of Social Programs and Allegheny County regulations.
- Perform scheduled on-site visits to determine contract compliance by reviewing operations and problem areas in accordance with Department of Public Welfare, Office of Social Programs and Allegheny County policies.
- Perform inspections of all Case Management and Rental Assistance facilities to minimize risks for safety and cleanliness in accordance with Allegheny County regulations.
- Monitor agency policies and procedures regarding release of client information to assure client confidentiality in accordance with Department of Public Welfare, Office of Social Programs and Allegheny County policies.
- Participate in the development of recommendations regarding monitoring reports, operating methods, procedures and provision of services by the service provider.
- Participate in the development of effective monitoring tools in conjunction with the Fiscal Compliance Section to assure contract compliance.
- Fiscal Management
- Review and approve allowable monthly agency expense requests, as determined by the HUD Supportive Housing Program technical assistance guide.
- Recommend appropriate actions based on agency issues regarding funding and timeliness of submissions for necessary reports.
- Coordinate with DHS Fiscal staff to ensure payment is received by contracted provider agencies.
- Conduct on-site fiscal monitoring of all graduated agencies.
- Perform on-site fiscal inspection and investigation in direct partnership with HUD when inappropriate or fraudulent activities are suspected.
- Work closely with agencies to enable the reduction in the requirements established from the corrective action plan between HUD and Allegheny County.
- Attend internal HAP and HUD meetings.
- Attend training workshops, in-services and seminars.
- Attend homeless meetings to provide necessary input from Allegheny Countys perspective, e.g. new programs, funding availability and concerns of homeless service providers.
- Liaison to contracted agencies, Allegheny County Law, Health and Children, Youth & Family Services, Central Office Divisions, public and community organizations.
- Participate in Homeless Alliance meetings to discuss homeless-related issues.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must possess good organizational skills.
Must have good communication, both written and oral, skills.
Must be able to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
Possess Act 33 and 34 Clearances.
Have a valid Pennsylvania motor vehicle license, and access to a personal vehicle.
Proficient with Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products.
Ability to work independently.
Full time position requiring 38.75 hours per week.
Must have a Bachelors Degree, preferably in one of the Social Service fields.
Financial background, preferred.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago