Please submit the following by the deadline: |
1. Cover letter
3. Three professional reference letters
Assists teachers, specialists and administration in the appropriate placement of individuals with special needs and monitors the implementation of individualized education programs. Monitors the implementation of special education services, providing support in the form of coaching, presenting, demonstrating and making recommendations about instructional strategies to teachers and service providers responsible for instructing children with disabilities.
• Must possess a valid California special education teaching credential, clinical services credential, health services credential, or a school psychologist authorization.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Marriage, Family, and Child Counselors (MFCC), or licensed psychologist highly desired.
• Background/Experience with autism, behavior disorders, and preschool programs highly desirable.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Participates in IEP meetings.
•Serves as resource and liaison to IEP teams regarding placement considerations in unique and difficult cases.
• Assists special education personnel to implement individualized programs for special students in all subject areas and assists teachers in assessing students’ academic abilities and Identifies all community and state resources
• Completes diagnostic assessments in area of expertise and develops supplementary curriculum materials, supplementary resources, and instructional procedures using a variety of methods/techniques.
• Assists in planning for initial placement of students and coordinates the implementation of a least restrictive environment with a transition program.
Provides in-service on new techniques/methods/materials to staff members and provides liaison between home, school and community.
• Assists in the development of a curriculum for students having like educational needs throughout the SELPA.
EdJoin.org - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard