The Home provides programs and services for these children and young adults in crisis:
Full-time; Schedule will vary to cover supervisory needs for first shift (7am-3pm), second shift (3-11pm), and weekends. Must have flexibility for some mornings, some evenings, and some weekends.
- Medically fragile and terminally ill children who require 24-hour-a-day skilled nursing care.
- Those who require emergency care due to abuse, abandonment, neglect or are homeless; or who need foster care.
- To homeless, pregnant, or parenting teens, and their family members needing case management, education, parenting, and independent living skills.
- Children with autism & special needs.
- Young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are in crisis due to mental health or abuse, and to families who are struggling to maintain their children in their homes to provide stability and skills for self-sufficiency.
Must posses a Bachelors degree in social work, counseling or related human service field. Must possess a minimum of two years of direct service experience with high-risk children, adolescents and families; must possess at least two years of supervisory experience.
The primary purpose of your job position is to coordinate staff and resident duties and activities for assigned Unit(s) of Childkind Center. Responsibilities include on-site decision making, support, and crisis intervention for residents and staff; operations coordination for unit to ensure appropriate staffing, cleanliness, good repair and safety, in cooperation with the Associate Director - coordinating and tracking unit staff training; communicating resident needs and mobilizing necessary resources with Resident Care Staff, social services, medical/health or other professionals as appropriate and communicating with other Unit Supervisor and Program Director.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with outstanding benefits that include an option for FREE health insurance (single coverage for employee only). Other benefits include health insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan and up to 25-30 paid days off per year.
- Bachelor Degree in a Human Services field
City of Louisville, KY - 17 months ago