CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area.
We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Job Summary: The Power Generation Programmer / Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring compliance of cyber assets as described by regulatory standards. Responsibilities will include interpretation of requirements; design of solution; and execution of design plan. Daily responsibilities include security analysis, event correlation, health monitoring and system maintenance.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain and enhance existing Industrial Controls Systems as well as trending software that is critical to maintenance decisions;
2. Perform system administration duties and system hardening on several operating system platforms;
3. Evaluate system security and system performance to ensure reliable and secure system performance and health;
4. Interpret complex regulatory verbiage in order to contribute to internal dialogue regarding practical applications that will satisfy compliance and be in the best interest of CPS Energy;
5. Develop coursework and conduct training sessions for groups or individuals as required to maintain business continuity and a high level of team knowledge;
6. Assess end user trouble and implement solid resolution adhering to change control procedures with system security as a top priority;
7. Document and track changes to baseline system information in an effort to mitigate system downtime and remedy the root cause;
8. Identify and resolve network related issues including configurations on switches and Firewalls and VPN connectivity;
9. Lead and participate in projects with focus on security and regulatory compliance. Identify and make recommendations for enhancements where applicable. Follow appropriate change control processes and execute by actively participating in implementation and integration;
10. Report analysis using Crystal Reports.
11. Develop SQL Databases and extraction databases for Crystal Reports development.
12. Ability to setup and maintain SQL and relational databases;
13. Gather and compile data as needed for analysis;
14. Maintain current skill set and identify and pursue new industry trends.
1. 5 years of Programmer/Analyst experience in IT related field;
2. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; or 7 years of Industrial Control System experience in lieu of degree;
3. Experience configuring switches, routers and firewalls;
4. Project management experience and organizational skills;
5. Experience in Active Directory manipulation and system hardening using Active directory Group Policies;
6. Understanding of storage provisioning;
7. Ability to research, recommend, and implement changes to systems processes and procedures;
8. Ability to maintain focus under pressure, set priorities, and execute tasks required to normalize the situation;
9. Familiarity with NERC CIP requirements and challenges;
10. Ability to work independently with little supervision and in a team for extended hours when required;
11. Ability to work outside of normal business hours as necessary; and
12. Ability to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record in accordance with CPS Energy policies, procedures, safety standards and applicable laws and regulations.
1. Knowledge of server management;
2. Firewall management;
3. Switch management;
4. Industrial Controls Systems;
CPS Energy - 18 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...