Job Title: Programmer Analyst I
Reports To: Lead Programmer Analyst
Department: Applications Development
Division: Information Technology
Salary: $47,632.00 - $59,779.20
FLSA Status : Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Accepting Applications: 3/8/13 - Until filled
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for developing accurate and efficient computer programs, designing and testing program logic, coding programs, and preparing them for computer operation.
1. Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods, and operations requirements.
2. Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
3. Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
4. Assists in the design of automated portions of systems.
5. Designs program logic to meet specifications and to adhere to prescribed standards.
6. Codes programs in an authorized language.
7. Prepares test data and thoroughly tests coded programs to validate accuracy.
8. Analyzes production programs to isolate problems or to determine more efficient methods.
9. Documents and maintains program specifications according to OPERS standards.
10. Fulfills administrative reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- High school diploma or GED - Required
- Bachelors in related field - Preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the technology process/software required listed in skill set matrix below. - Required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists - Required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form - Required
- Ability to react quickly in stress situations, with emphasis on code-matching and arithmetic aptitudes - Required
Programmer Analyst Skill Set
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience - Required
- HTML - Required
- Java - Required
- JavaServer Pages (JSP) - Required
- JDBC - Required
- RDBMS/SQL - Required
- Integrated Development Environment - Desirable
- J2EE/JEE - Desirable
- XML- Desirable
- XSLT - Desirable
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
OPERS - 13 months ago