Job Title: Programmer/Analyst
Reports To: Lead Programmer/Analyst
Department: Applications Development – Special Projects
Division: Information Technology
Target Salary: $46,384.00 - $58,156.80
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Openings: 1
Accepting Applications: 8/30/2012 - 9/6/2012
Summary: This position is responsible for developing accurate and efficient computer programs, designing and testing program logic, coding programs, and preparing them for computer operation.
1. Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods, and operations requirements.
2. Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
3. Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
4. Assists in the design of automated portions of systems.
5. Designs program logic to meet specifications and to adhere to prescribed standards.
6. Codes programs in an authorized language.
7. Prepares test data and thoroughly tests coded programs to validate accuracy.
8. Analyzes production programs to isolate problems or to determine more efficient methods.
9. Documents and maintains program specifications according to OPERS standards.
10. Fulfills administrative reporting requirements.
11. Other duties may be assigned.
Ability to properly formulate, code, and test Boolean Logic
Ability to react quickly in stressful situations
Bachelor’s degree in business data processing or computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of one year relevant experience required. Must have demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the programming and job control languages used in the department.
Programmer/Analyst Skill Set
.NET Framework Required
Client/Server Application Development Required
OO Analysis & Design Required
OO Programming Required
Web Services Preferred
Visual Studio IDE Preferred
Software Development Lifecycle Preferred
Client Scripting Preferred