SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Programmer / Analyst position will provide support to the global Information Technology (IT) customer base and IT personnel utilizing current tools and technologies developed to aid in such support. Support shall include hardware, software and mobile device technology. The position will be responsible for the development, maintenance and ongoing support of all relevant corporate applications.
- Writes, compiles, and modifies application logic for in-house and mobile applications.
- Develops or acquires test data and executes tests to determine the accuracy of application logic in producing desired results; debugs and revises applications based on test results.
- Performs all testing and software validation according to FDA regulations and guidelines on all developed application and processes.
- Executes software validation according to FDA regulations and guidelines have been correctly performed and properly documented on acquired software and applications.
- Provides documentation in all aspects of the system development lifecycle to meet corporate, FDA and ISO regulations and guidelines.
- Serves as liaison with user community concerning requests, usage, standards, security, and other developmental and production matters.
- Gathers and translates high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications for the documentation, development, modification, or maintenance of corporate applications.
- Develops and prepares all documentation in accordance with system and security requirements, including the selection of alternative approaches.
- Develops applications to be used in both client server and mobile device environments.
- Develops all required documentation that identifies their impact on databases, communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software configurations.
- Develops detailed operational documentation as pertaining to the overall impact on the day to day business operation.
- Follows all change control procedures in the development and support of all corporate applications.
- Assist in continued research and development of current and potential future technologies.
- Provide insight and expertise in IT meetings with suggestions and advice.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- B. S. degree required in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of application and mobile application development, design and implementation within a manufacturing environment. Experience includes Microsoft ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, and Crystal Report, Infors Visual ERP System.
- Strong experience in web and mobile application development including direct database access. Experience to include Apple IOS mobile application development.
- Strong experience in SQL Server script development.
- Strong relational database experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 – 2008 R2
- Strong application validation experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office product experience.
- Interpersonal communication and team work skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision or within a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keeps professional skills updated and consistent with current information systems technology.