Job Class Title Programmer/Analyst Who May Apply Promotional Departmental - Public Safety Services Type Classified Pay Grade CL18 Minimum Annual Salary 46009.60 Maximum Annual Salary 73174.40 Nature of Work This is professional, highly skilled, technical and analytical work in planning, design or selection, development, maintenance, and implementation of information system software installed on, multi-computer hardware and multi-operating system platforms devoted to mission critical objectives. The employee in this class is responsible for providing technical support, leadership, and liaison in the functional areas of information programming in a multi-customer, multi-platform, multi-operating system, multi-vendor, mission, critical environment. Duties include the following system development activities: Planning, system and business analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
Minimum Qualifications • 3 years professional experience in computer program design and programmer analysis in related business processes; or
Appointing Authority May Also Require: • Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Associate’s degree plus 1 year of directly related programming experience: or
- An equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience.
1} Mainframe-centric system programming and development tools and practices -- e.g., ORACLE, COBOL, CICS/BMS, VSAM, MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, EZ+, INTERTEST, MICROFOCUS, SYNCSORT, RDBMS’s, or
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Hiring Department may require demonstrated experience in any of the following:
2} Client-server/web-based system development tools and practices – e.g. Oracle Forms/Reports/Designer, C++, Visual Basic, XML, Visual Interdev, ASP, .Net, Websphere, Java, CDPD or other Wireless Technology, Access/SQL/Oracle RDBMS
Work Performed • Demonstrates technical proficiency with leading edge and established technology, operating systems, relational database management systems, and web technologies.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of the operating characteristics, capabilities and limitations of small, medium and large scale computer systems.
- Establishes and maintains an intermediate understanding of the business intelligence of multiple agencies for the creation or modification of customer centric information technology solutions.
- Designs, develops and creates, a large variety of applications for customers.
- Prepares project plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources and critical milestone review points for small to mediate projects.
- Designs and writes original information system software procedures, routines and programs for small to moderate systems which may involve multiple architectures, platforms, and customers.
- Coordinates the work of less experienced information system programmer analysts engaged in the installation of new and revised information system software and related program products.
- Provides recovery assistance on an on-call basis for information system software for small to moderate systems.
- Performs problem determination and provides resolution to supervisor.
- Improves processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of information systems procedures and equipment for small to moderate systems.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation staff training programs.
- Provides reports of problem and change management activity and project labor distribution to IT supervision.
- Reviews and audits new systems during design, prior to implementation and start-up periods in assigned systems area.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
- Knowledge of operating systems, data base design and management, online transaction monitors, client-server, and web-based application tools.
- Knowledge of project management and control.
- Knowledge of research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer system metrics.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design procedures and techniques.
- Skill in programming languages utilized by the Information Technology Department.
- Ability to present oral and written technical reports clearly and concisely to IT staff and management.
- Ability to perform functional and performance tests; analyze test results; detect programming errors and perform proper corrective action on moderate size systems.
- Ability to work, as a team player, with technical work groups on large or inter-agency projects.
Pinellas County, FL - 17 months ago