SmartSource is seeking a Programmer Analyst for a direct hire opportunity in Chanhassen, MN
Programmer/Analyst in our Information Technology department to help provide solutions in our Policy Administration System. This individual is responsible for programming and analysis of new business initiatives, enhancements to the existing system, and client file maintenance.
Examples of Duties
- Assist business analysts to validate project scope for feasibility and strategic alignment
- Provide estimates for business initiatives requiring programming changes
- Review and provide feedback regarding business analysis and requirements
- Create application designs including specifications, flowcharting, and pseudocoding
- Coding changes and peer reviews of defined and documented changes
- Unit testing of code changes and assist quality assurance staff with preparation
- Troubleshoot implementation and post-production issues
- Compile technical documentation for development projects and operations
- All other duties as assigned
in compliance with departmental documentation standards
- Work with business analysts and end-users to gather data necessary to define specifications, test data, inputs/outputs, formats, etc.
- Writes specifications and prepares the detailed flow charts, pseudo-code, input-output charts, file layouts, screen formats, and report formats
- Creates, modifies, implements and tests code required for new and on-going projects.
- Assists in analyzing data processing systems
- Prepares tests for programs, audits results, and corrects errors in program logic
- Prepares written technical instructions to guide staff in production runs
- Studies existing and proposed systems to determine needs, strengths, weaknesses, cost effectiveness
- Project management – maintains and updates project schedules
- Assists in training and providing work direction to less experienced programmers, computer operators, and users
Desired, but not Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent work experience
- 2 years experience in systems analysis, program development, and debugging
- Business BASIC or Visual BASIC programming language experience, or similar equivalent
- UNIX operating system and scripting experience
- Data processing programming experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of flat file and relational database structures
- Sage’s Providex programming language experience
- Datacap’s Taskmaster scripting experience
- Experience using Indicium imaging system
- SQL database programming and design
- Design and write efficient software programs using more than one language and applying the concepts of object oriented programming
- Write command procedures to execute program logic
- Communicate effectively with various departments to understand requirements and effect solutions.
- Prepare and meet project estimates
- Compile technical documentation
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with fellow workers and other driasi employees
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced programmers and support personnel.
- Ability to interact with the user community, other programmers, computer operators, outside vendors, and management on a daily basis.
Since 1994 SmartSource has been providing out-sourced marketing applications and services to corporate customers and the partners who serve...