The primary responsibilities of the Programmer / Analyst
include problem analysis, design, programming, testing,
and any application of computer technology for the
optimization of company resources through systems that
avoid cost, increase productivity, or improve the
company’s competitive position.
The software development environment is primarily a
Microsoft C#.Net platform with a focus on ASP.Net web
applications. The programmer/analyst will be responsible
for working closely with internal business customers to
analyze and define requirements, as well as the
implementation of custom solutions and/or off-the-shelf
software solutions to meet those requirements. The
programmer/analyst will also be responsible for the
creation of test plans, design specifications, and other
documentation throughout the software development life
The programmer/analyst must be able to work well in
either a small team or self-directed project environment
and must be able to transfer knowledge and learn new
skills quickly. The programmer/analyst must have a solid
understanding of SQL and relational database design as
well as object oriented design practices.
o Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Microsoft ASP.Net, C#.Net
- Relational Database and SQL Queries
- Object Oriented design principles
- Following skills considered a plus, but not required:
o Classic ASP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and
- Ability to manage meetings and present ideas to
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
other degrees will be considered.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under guidelines and procedures.
- 4 year degree required. Computer Science preferred but
Q and NRC U clearance level.
- Conditional upon being able to attain and maintain DOE
The Babcock & Wilcox Company supports diversity and is
committed to the concept of Equal Employment
Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure
that all personnel actions such as recruitment,
compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational
programs are administered without regard to race, color
religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age,
disability or veteran status
The Babcock & Wilcox Company - 9 months ago