SmartWatt Energy, Inc. is an energy service company that develops demand side energy reduction solutions for large commercial and industrial, small business and municipal customers.
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
o Writing application software
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with any or all of the following:
o Business Intelligence application development
o Data Warehouse
o Java and/or PHP
o Software Quality Assurance and Testing
o Testing and implementation
o Assist and/or lead in the design of program specifications and the implementation of software solutions.
o Experience working with and training end users
Talent and Skill
- A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
- Above average communication/phone skills
- A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Professional demeanor
- High energy and action oriented
- Team Player